General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hotel requests
13 Posts
Would I phone the hotel or not?

Well it depends on how much you want all your requests I guess. At the end of the day they're 'requests' and they can't promise but if it means so much to you and you have the phone number then give them a call. You've nothing to lose at the end of the day.
hmmm think i might just wait till i get there and just see what we get, its not that much of a big deal we dontgo till the end of august anyway thanks for your reply
Hi Linzi-lou, sorry to jump in on your thread, but I was thinking of emailing our aparthotel this year with our special requests, which I've never done before. I've already asked the tour op and know they are not guaranteed. Do you think it makes a difference if you contact the hotel direct? Have you found it's worked for you in the past?
I have always emailed the hotel/apartments 1 week before departure (as apparantly the hotels only get your details 2 weeks to your arrival). I have always requested a pool view, on a low floor, and have always got what I have asked for.(They dont always email you back!), I'm always a bit dubious to whether they get the additional information regarding requests from the TA!

Regards, belly!
Thanks for that Belly. Sounds like it's definately worth a try then, I'll email them nearer the time and see what happens. Cheers :cheers
hi nicJW, yeah i actually had the tip from off here, i emailed my hotel in cyprus last year to request sunbeds by the pool as they had a allocation on sunbeds, you kept your sunbed throughout your stay and everyone got one. i just emailed a couples of weeks before and if i remeber righlty they emiled me back and when i got there i mention the email and we got our sunbeds. i also emailed the hotel at new year when we went to tenerife asking for a high floor/pool view and we got it. i do think its worth doing.
but for me this year they dont have an email i dont no if actually phoning them up is a bit much lol
We've just had an e mail back from our hotel asking us to give our requests to the tour operator. Apparently it doesn't matter how long ago you book, the special requests aren't passed on until a few weeks before departure. So we have now contacted Thomsons.
Linzi,

How about sending a fax? That way, they have your request in writing.
Just a thought....

Fax: (28970) 33546
thanks milly_molly thats a great idea think i will deffenitly do that, just need to find a fax machine now lol i think they have them in post offices and places. :tup
Try your local library on Tuesday (ours has one.) :)
I do both I put my requests on the booking forms or ask the TA to do it for me. I always follow up with a call nearer to the time requesting whatever I want.
Wondering if the OP was talking about Alexander The Great Hotel in Paphos as they allocate sun beds. I would not bother to do this but I was paying a single supplement and know from experience that the rooms at the ends are much smaller than those in the middle.
I had booked directly with the hotel getting the flight elsewhere. requested a room on a high floor and in the middle. Got exactly what I wanted and email to ask if I had any other requests. I had emailed the requests as sometimes things can get lost in translation.

Recently room on a high floor and with a view at the Marriott Marquis New York go it even though a Times Square view can cost more.
Now have requested a non smoking room with a view on a high floor at the Ritz Carlton Singapore. Dublin in 2 weeks have asked for a quiet non smoking room on a high floor. I have booked in Venice and asked for a non smoking room but have asked again for a view as the hotel is on the Grand Canal.
To date I have always had what I asked for but have only been doing this for around the past 7-8 years previously just didn't think about it.

Sue
I always email hotels now a couple of weeks before we go mainly to check they do actually have our booking but also to request certain things and so far we have been lucky and got rooms that we asked for. I don't think it hurts to send a polite email to the hotel beforehand. :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.