General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I always try and email the hotel a few weeks before we go and if I get no response I actually ring them and ask direct on the phone!
I'd email the travel compnay and the hotel, and if that didnt do it, I'd ask at check in with a tenner standing by in case a bribe proved necessary.
what, someone like Pavorotti?
I always e-mail a few month in advance with our requests and again when we get our tickets just to remind them on. So far everwhere we have stayed, we have always got what we asked for. :lol: Just sent off my reminder tiday for next week so fingers crossed :lol:
Thanks for the replies,
I will email the hotel first and see what happens,
as i've just looked at the website for the travel company and no email address for pre travel services,there is a premium rate phone number though :roll:

Basil.
Direct contact with the hotel is best :wink:
Chivas 69, :tut Frank and I were actually sitting with friends watching a video of Pavarotti singing Nessun Dorma when I read your piece - resulting in the red wine I had been elegantly sipping being splattered all over all and everything ------ to the horror of them all! :oops: Jenny x
Definately email the hotel. I always wait until about the week before I go as I am convinced that hotels only do room allocations very close to the time you are due to arrive.

I think if you do it 6 or 8 weeks before there is more chance of the email being deleted and no action taken on it. (Just my personal opinion no hard evidence to back it up).

Doe
Hi

Just to update this thread,emailed the hotel when i wrote this thread and no response.
Emailed them again last night as we go next Friday,and received a reply saying thus -

Dear Mr J*****,

I make note your request.I try to give you quiet room.

We are looking forward to meet you.

Best regards,

O*** S**** TURK

Front Office Manager .

names are supplied but i didn't know if it was allowed.

Not sure about the "I try" bit, but they have replied.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

So for anyone interested it is better to email them just before you go.

Basil.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.