Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Well I would say it's closer to being in Baga than Calangute.

It's down the Baga Road on the right as you head towards Baga from Calangute. Set back up a dirt road it is quite secluded from the busy Baga Road so is relatively quiet at night (quiet as in no traffic noise etc.).

It has a small circular swimming pool on a sort of raised platform with not enough sunbeds. There were quite a few foreign europeans, I think mostly German and Swiss when I was last there but that's going back about a year.

Food is pretty good but there is plenty of eateries and bars around so even if you don;t like it then don;t worry you'll be able to find something that suits you.

I would rate it slightly better than average (for Goa) for room cleanliness and quality.

Polite helpful staff.

Lots and lots to do in the area.

What else would you like to know?
is this the sister hotel to the horizon ?.if it is a few guests from there last
year came and stayed in the horizon as there were displeased ,,1 first timer had a bad asthma attack climbing stairs and others didnt like the food as im sure it was all inc ,is it also down a dark unlit road?even though the horizon was not all inc they accomadated these people and gave them all there meal;s, every 1 is different and if its youre first time to goa then how do you know what to expect ,,if this is the horizon sister hotel then you could always ask the rep to show you round the horizon and be moved if need be ,if i wrong just ignore this :D
There is an all inclusive option at the Santiago - it does do HB & B+B as well though
we do have the hotel in our reviews here but no-one has posted a review yet.
I think it's part of a chain with Aldeia Santa Rita and Horizon. We were all inclusive at the Aldeia Santa Rita in January and could use the facilities at the Santiago and Horizon. We didn't bother but intend to next year.
Santiago is down the path next to Shooters Bar. The path is always lit at night unless there is a power cut. It's in Calangute (my house is close by). Baga doesn't start until Casa Portuguesa.

The Hotel gets lots of repeat customers, this season I've heard good and bad. I think the main gripe is that they have turned it into an AI Resort and this doesn't suit most people.

I use the beauty parlour occassionally, in my opinion the Hotel looks clean and the staff are nice but the pool is claustaphobic.

Hope this is helpful
GFF xx
thanks flip flop,

can you tell me, do other hotels let you use their pools if you buy drinks at their poolside (they do in greece), i saw a few good reports in holidays uncovered and it is fairly near the dentist that my husband is going to .

i hope it will be ok, this is 4th time to goa, but we have been down south last 2 times,
any info is always a help

Hi Jane,
No problem with using other pools, like you say if you are buying food and drink why would they object.
I'm sure you'll have a great time, Santiago is in a good location close to the beach and lots of bars/restaurants and shops close by.
GFF xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.