Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
From their website it sems central and within walking distance of the Schnoor but some things concern me. They don't mention any actual prices, just rooms from €25 (doesn't say what type or when) and there is no mention of breakfast or a breakfast room. There doesn't seem to be any mention of bathrooms either. Now call me a suspicious, but I'd be wary of city hotels that seem to be in the cheap room/ no breakfast/ no bath market. They are on the Bremen tourist office list but haven't registered any details other than address and phone and they didn't come up on a search through HRS who are always my guide to German hotels. It's possible they are genuine and just not very good at selling themselves but unless you can find someone who has stayed there I'd be wary.
Hi Steve, and thanks for your reply mate, yes I was suspicious also hence my posting, I found this hotel through Booking.com and thought as you did, however I found there website and e-mailed them, the rooms are either with washbasins and no toliet or fully en-suite, breakfast is 4 Euros extra per person per day, the rates quoted per night is 55 Euros for double romm fully en-suite so not a bad price at all (in principle of course), we would get our brekkie at HBF before we go out for the day, this is there website translated. http://www.schlafcompany.de/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=5&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dschlafcompany%2Bbremen%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4ADBF_en-GBGB233GB233" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" class="break-word">http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.schlafcompany.de/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=5&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dschlafcompany%2Bbremen%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4ADBF_en-GBGB233GB233 please take a gander and let me know what you think, I value your input on Germany so would be interested to hear your opinion, ie, would you stay there all things considered, we will of course make up our own minds but welcome your opinion.
That's the site I'd looked at. I feel a bit better about it as they are obviously marketing for tourists by getting on a booking system but I've just done a search with HRS for a random weekend in April and they are offering a 4 star (a bit further out of the centre) for €56.70 room only and a very smart looking Apartment-Hotel (highly rated by previous guests) for €59 room only. I like your thinking about going to the Hbf for breakfast although any decent bakers would probably do. When I was there I used up all my remaining D-Marks at a bakers on the station and then realised I'd still got to pay the old IC supplement to get on the train to Amsterdam!

try http://www.hrs.de , wait for it to load then click the German flag in the top right corner to change language. Search your dates then change currency back to Euros at the top right of the results (it defaults to Pounds if you do it in English!). I like HRS because they don't normally want money up front, you pay the hotel when you are there.
Yes HRS are very good, we used them in Charleroi last month only one night but more than a good service, we stayed in Mons really and found a little gem of a hotel, excellent place part of a nice restaurant cheap as chips and nice brekkie too, in Germany I love a Bratwurst and Coffee at HBF before our journey, normally cheap aswell not like here in the UK hey Steve ?.
If you want to save money on food at (most) British stations get one of these http://www.bitecard.co.uk - don't leave home without it!
Hy from Bremen,

haven´t heard about the hotel yet, but isn´t it normal in your home town?
To answer a few of your questions:
The area is next to the central shopping area and the city centre. The schlachte district is across the street and then 40m to the left, the Altstadt/Schnoor is a 3 station ride via tram or 10 min. walk. No red light, no gay there, it is a small and not really charming (but ok and quite in the night) side street, safe area in my opinion. You could smell the Becks brewery, just across river Weser....

For breakfast there is a coffee shop and a backery in the Hutfilterstr, 50m away or pick one of the weekend breakfast cafes at the Hillmann place, at the Wallmühle (really recommondation on sundays, worth it!!!) or in the Ostertorviertel, right next to the Altstadt.....
Dear spqbtoms, thank you very much for your positive reply, you have helped us to make our minds up, it sounds like a genuinly good deal so we will book accordingly and we really look forward to our trip to Bremen, we looked at images of the Schnoor yesterday and it looks fantastic, many thanks once again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.