Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
seems like no one as been to the sol don pablo lately, maybe theyare on their hols right at this moment i hope so as i'm so looking forward to the latest reviews on this hotel before i make my hotel choice. :? impatient as ever? :lol:
can't give you any info on the accomodation in the don pablo but we stayed in the don marco a few weeks ago and used the pablo for dining and entertainment a few nights the dining room in the pablo is the best of the three the marco and pedro share the same dining room and it gets very crowded the food is also laid out and is a better standard in the pablo . the pablo has a programme of excercise in the mornings anyone can join in there's also bowls and occasionally water polo there's a full programme of entertainment at night starting with a kids show/disco and then a quite professional cabaret. we found the cabaret to be good [we don't normally stay in ] the cabaret terrace gets crowded pretty early there's also a late night cabaret in the pedro. you can also get beach towels from the entertainment organisers 10 euro deposit and 50 cents to change the towel. the pools are quite good and there's plenty of loungers.the rooms in the marco are first class and the staff in the hotel are not intrusive. take your own drink or food etc to the poolside if you want nobody seems to care seems to be a very relaxed place to holiday
thanks wulmac your info has helped me move one step further in choosing the right hotel for my next years hols,much appreciated, :D i was begining to wonder why no one was replying or reviewing this hotel you have put my mind at rest.graciasx 8)
hi never got to the don pablo last year but thinking of going next year. has anyone been this summer? according to the brochure the food quality is down to 70%. is this true? also what english channels do they have on tv? thanks netsie
:lol: hi has anyone been to this hotel lately? there hasnt been any new reviews since 2005!!! my husband and i are booked up for july for two weeks. i see theres a tv in room what channels are there? also what are the best rooms for views? thanks netsie :?:
I have merged your post with an existing topic which may have some information.

We also have some reviews here.

luci :wave
TV choice UK wise is still quite limited. Think if i remember correctly Sky news and BBC1? CNN no doubt...(yawn)

Dinners etc if you are taking them there are still fairly good quality (had dinner there just before xmas for a night). Staff remain friendly.

Nivsy
:lol: thanks very much nivsy much appreciated---------netsie
Read the reviews for this hotel but hardly any of the holidaymakers had children with them and I just wondered how suitable this hotel was for kids? Would be grateful for any other inside info - cheers! :)
Am going to the Sol Don Pablo in June and wonder if there is shampoo etc supplied and also if the minibar can be used for keeping drinks in that you buy yourself. Just wondered if it is a good place to stay? Was at the Puente Real along the beach last year - what a fiasco! Also do men need to wear long trousers for dinner in ALL the dining rooms.
Being a 4* Sol hotel I would certainly complain if it didnt have shampoo soap shower cap etc in the bathroom.I would expect a fridge too, and why not use it for your own drinks.
Don Pablo is a well stocked hotel - shampoo etc however tends to be provided in plastic bottles attached to the shower/bath area ( bottles/tubes) last time I was there. Staff in the complex are generally happy and attentive. Its a good choice and the hotel is in a great location.

Nivsy
Hotel Sol Don Pablo - Am thinking of going there for my holidays. Been told to try and book a room overlooking the evening entertainment area. has anyone any ideas what room numbers these would be?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.