Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
We have stayed in both the hotels mentioned mainly due to the location and safety aspect -
no need for cabs etc as everything we want is just a stroll away.
Our first choice is the Sol e Mar - (not for the food!) but the
position is fab and access to the beach and town is so easy.
Every room in the Sol e Mar has a fabulous sea view but there are some rooms at the Rocamar
which for us, would be so disappointing to stay in.

If changing hotels would cost you more money then I would not bother but
if you are worried about your safety to the point that it would spoil the enjoyment
of looking forward to your holiday, then maybe it would be the best thing for you.
We stayed out of season at the Rocamar and walked along the illuminated pathway
to enter the hotel from the front after a night on the town.

My advice would be:- don't worry, be happy :cheers
Hi Liz,

The Sol e Mar isn't right next to the Square. It's just a few minutes' walk along the Rua 5 de Outubro, which is lined with shops and restaurants and runs down to the Sol e Mar. You turn right here and walk along the Esplanade to the sea front entrance of the Rocamar, and it only takes a minute to walk between the two hotels. The Rocamar has lots of tables and chairs outside and it's a great place to sit and have a drink. We walk back to our apartment along there all the time and we've never felt unsafe. As SomersetSuzie says, it's lit and well used, so I really wouldn't worry. :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.