Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Bluey .... Residencial Venus forms part of the 'Hotel y Residencial Venus' complex.

Our reviews page can be found HERE and you will also find more information on the hotel group's own website, HERE.

David :wave
  • Edited by David 2007-12-08 00:11:22
The Hotel Y Residencia VENUS is a lovely hotel. Very clean and you will not be dissapointed. Its part of the ServiGroup of Hotels and I'm of the opinion that this is the best 'chain' of hotels in Benidorm.
There are two separate buildings.....the Residencia which is on the Avianda De Filipinas and is where the majority of the spanish guests are booked into, and the other part is the Hotel situated on a busy one way street. They are connected by a central reception area with a large statue of Venus in the main lobby as its focal point. I can't comment much on the Residencia part as I've never stayed in that part, but I;ve stayed in the Hotel part of the complex and I cannot fault it.

However, if you have certain special requirements, ie adjoining rooms, pool views etc, I would suggest that you email the hotel at venus@servigroup.es and although you will probably not receive a reply the management will do their utmost to accomodate your wishes.

I would advise that if you know you are going to be staying in the Hotel part, that you request a HIGH floor room with pool views. This is because the hotel does overlook a busy one way street, and is directley opposite the Benidorm Pueblo (what used to be the Barcelo Pueblo) and the ground floor rooms are set down in a kind of basement, and you will have NO views whatsoever from your room. You will be faced with a high wall topped by shrubs. There are also heavy iron bars on the patio doors, and all in all they don't look very appealing, more like prison cells. But if you are disabled you may not have much choice if you request ground floor rooms, the rooms the other side are also set down and again you only have views of a high concrete wall. So I really would advise you to suggest HIGH floor rooms.

If you go to the Thomson Website I believe you can view video clips of this hotel if you have Broadband. The Servigroup website has a 'virtual tour' of the hotel.
hi everyone, i hope you dont mind me poutting a few questions on about the venus

Is their much noise late at night from the centre (is one side of the hotel quieter than other. In october will we be able to dine alone or generally do you have to share a table? o and are there stairs to the resturant...my g/f hates lifts!!!

best wishes russ
I've never been there. Check out the hotel reviews section at the top left of the page.
As it's a Servi group hotel you can also take a "virtual tour" on their website, see the link on this page
http://www.servigroup.es/ingles/hoteles/detalle_venus.htm
Now I've just looked at the virtual tour myself I've realised that I have been in the bar a few times, never twigging which hotel it was. I wouldn't worry about location, it's close to all the nightlife but not so close that it would be a problem. Obviously I can't speak about staying there but I can say the bar is certainly impressive (although it's one of those places that is so "posh" I feel out of place :lol: )
Hi. One side faces on to a busy main road also another side faces onto a quieter road, so the traffic can be a bit noisy. E-mail the hotel a few weeks beforehand and ask for a pool view as they are the quietest rooms. Don't just ask your tour operator for this request as more times than enough they don't tell the hotel or any requests. Karen
Extra bit of info, the hotel has just reopened after a refurbishment of the pool and dining room area during the Winter months

Stayed there a few times, pretty much identical to all the Servi Group hotels (Calypso, Rialto etc...if you've done one, you've done them all)

I would agree that you should get a pool view room
:D Hi, have read a few reviews on the venus hotel (although there are not many), my brother is thinking of this hotel, just wondered if any HT members have stayed here, and if so, what did they think of the hotel?

Many thanks BBB
my mates are there at the mo
just had a chat and she says the food is fab
as they have stayed in the venus many times will be interesting to hear what its like after the big refit
im going in february also to the venus cant wait
Stayed there last summer and this summer. Refurb has really improved the dining room and the poolside looks loads better for the trees being cut back. Food good, I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

Iain
my mates came home on sunday and said that the venus is better than ever food fantastic
That is good news. The Venus Hotel was good before this refurbishment, and we are staying there in about three weeks time, so I shall look forward to seeing and sampling the improvements.
going feb 5th for a week so look forward to what you think of it now
:D Hi- just booked this hotel for next september for 9 nights (Decided to go with brother , and his family)

Got a great price, booked the flights separate (jet 2 - £91 per person return), and £152.00 per person half board (thomson accomodation only - ). = £242.00 per person, - I'm well chuffed!

Gary - would be very interested to hear what this hotel is like, and look forward to your review!

Regards, Belly
Gary - would be very interested to hear what this hotel is like, and look forward to your review!
Well I have stayed at this Hotel on several occasions in the past, including once at Christmas & New Year.

It would not be prudent of me to submit a review of the Venus at this time because I have not used this Hotel since 2003 and no doubt many things may have changed in this time, but I will submit an up to date Review upon my return which will be in early December.
Hi does any one know the email for the venus hotel please?

Many thanks

belly
venus@servigroup.es

hope that helps the fatboy
Cheers fat boy! - Much appreciated

Can email them now - and hope for a pool view, on a low floor!

Belly
I stayed at the Venus prior to its last refit (which I believe was just on the pool and restaurant area) and I can't quite recommend it enough

The rooms are of good standard, though those in the Residencia are slightly of a higher quality.

I had a pool facing room in the hotel complex, didn't suffer the noise though to be honest with a combination of alcohol and days trudging around Beni I never have bother sleeping!

The staff were incredibly good, the waiters in the restaurant were particularly excellent

The food was good with a strong mix of Spanish and English cuisine (a nice surprise for me to see rabbit on the menu though only in the paella)

The location is superb, central enough to anything you might need and the tourist 'tram' stops outside if you want a quick tour of the town

As others have mentioned the Servi Group are a well respected and excellent chain of hotels which operate to high standards. Their website is available in English and I've emailed them numerous times (having stayed in all but the Torre Dorada of their selection) and always had a prompt reply
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.