Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
We have stayed at this hotel 3 times and think it is the tops. No louts, mostly the more senior clientele so it depends how old you are as to whether it will be your cup of tea. Most of them bag their loungers by the pool about 8.30 (it opens at 9am) - you find the same people in the same positions by the pool day after day. Food good, quieter end of Fuengirola in Los Boliches - will be very quiet in May. One thing we didn't like was the man on the piano every night, got rather boring after a while. Have stayed for one week periods and a two week stint. Formal dress for dinner, buffet style. Breakfast plenty of choice. Staff very friendly. We would go there again definitely. Lovely beach right across the road private part to patrons of hotel - ideal should you not be able to get a lounger by the pool!! Have a good holiday.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We have reviews of this hotel Click Here

If anyone has stayed here and not yet written their review please do so via the above link.

Hi there, we have not stayed at this Hotel, but we used to walk up the road every day, and watch it being built. Its a lovely hotel, "dead posh"
dont know how old you are, but more for the 50 + people I think.
My husband has promised to take me to stay one of these years.
We do go in for a drink, lovely big sofa's to sit on.
And I agree, the bloke on the piano gets a bit boring at times.

Hope you will enjoy your stay. :D :D
We are 50+(just), so we should enjoy. We are looking to go on trips to Alhambra Palace, Rhonda anf Gibraltar, so any tips would be welcome

Rog
Big Tip, dont book your tours in the Hotel from the Rep.
There is a shop not very far from your Hotel on the Seafront. You can book your tours from there, and the bus will pick you up from your Hotel, just the same as all the people who book from the reps. Its much much cheaper doing it that way. It will save you some extra money, for buying your wife some lovely perfume in Gibraltar.
:love
We are going on the 9th March, staying in Torrablanca, really cannot wait, our friends are over there just now, and the weather is glorious they are telling us. (Making me very envious too ) still not long now. Not that we are counting but "25 more sleeps" before we go.
:love2
Have a wonderfull holiday.
Jennie
:fly
The trip to Gibraltar was €45 from Torremolinos with Thomsons, that was including the tour, and I heard people saying it was only €7 booked locally for a shopping only trip.

luci :wave
some one said they had a chocolate on their pillow in the yaramar feungirola! and i was wondering if everyone got that or if it was just the superior rooms? as i am very excited
reply asap please
thanx
Can anyone tell me if towels are available for use at the pool and beach?

It's one item less to pack in suitcase if available

Rog

EDIT: Merged with existing thread
David HT Mod
Never been to Costa del Sol but have taken a fancy for the Hotel Yaramar, Fuengirola. It's a Thomson Gold Hotel which appeals to us as child free and also has sea views which we are looking for.

It's £1600 for 2 of us, half board.

What do you reckon???? Have you been???

I have read the hotel/resort reviews on here.
Its a lovely hotel stayed their a few times, but as others have said its clientle is mostly the more mature. Unless you get out in the evening you can get a feeling its a bit like waiting for god.
Surprisingly they have an excellent gym!
Going to Yaramar Hotel for 2wks in Aug. Brochure mentions that rooms have mini bar/mini fridge for hire in room.

Any idea re cost please??
Just wondered if anyone has stayed in a superior room and also a standard twin room in the Hotel Yaramar? If so, is there much difference between the two rooms? I've booked a stay in this hotel for a few week's time and would like to know if the money for the superior room is worth it!

I'd appreciate any replies. Thanks :)
Hi Shell02, I stayed in a superior room, and it was fab! They are all on the corner of the building, very large, and the windows go right down to the floor, so when you look out it's like you're on top of the sea.... :rofl
There was fruit, flowers & wine provided, tea & coffee making facilities, a fridge & special toiletries. Bath robes, slippers & room service (if needed).
There were 2 double beds, they were turned down on a night, and chocolates left on the pillow, along with the next days weather forecast. I did have a look at the standard rooms, and they were much smaller, but very nice, and you don't get all the extra's either.
We loved our stay at the Yaramar, would definatley go back again. If you need any more info just ask, I'll help if I can.... :tup
Thanks, whitewineandsoda! Sounds great! :) - Well worth the £580 extra for a 2 week stay then!

Also, when did you visit and was there the usual race for sun beds in the morning? (I guess you get it everywhere in the peak summer months though!)

:cheers
Hi Shell02, it was a couple of years ago ( I think lol) we were there, and no there wasn't a mad rush for the sun loungers. It's an adult only hotel (unless it's changed) and we found it to be quite relaxed. The sun bathing area around the pool could do with being bigger, but we never found it a problem. What we did see though was that when people were going away from the pool area, they actually took their towels off the beds!
The beach bar/restaurant on the beach opposite the hotel is part of the Yaramar, and they have special prices for sun loungers for those staying at the Yaramar. Can't remember how much though, but we used it a lot as we like the beach.
Oh! forgot to say....welcome to HT...... :wave:
whitewineandsoda, yes it is still an adult only hotel :) Only 3 weeks to go now! Lol

thanks!
Hi guys, just a last minute question about the Yaramar! Do men have to wear long trousers to dinner? (My dad doesn't want to pack any if not needed!) -Thanks! :)
Hi Shell02

I was there 3 summers ago and gents had to wear long trousers.

Have a lovely holiday it's a lovely hotel.

Chelle
Hi we are going to the Yaramar 23rd august 09can anyone please tell me if men have to wear long trousers or will three quartres do while in the dinning room are short allowed at breakfast time we are in our middle fortes thanks :sun2 :)
  • Edited by David 2009-08-04 18:24:57
    Merged with existing topic
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.