Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
You may find some useful information in our DIY forum, including a list of companies to try.

I have booked with http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk as they were cheapest for the hotel I wanted, but there are others.

luci :wave
I've used HolidayClub.com a couple of times and found them very reasonable.

Also Hotelopia.co.uk (we booked a hotel in Malta with them in Feb on HB basis at £21 per room per night) and Expedia.co.uk sometimes have some offers closer to your departure date. I got HB for BB price at Apollonia Hotel in December last year with Expedia. It was cheaper than going direct with the hotel.

Did you try the CTO website? http://www.visitcyprus.org.cy/
Click on Search - then click Accommodation and choose by the resort.

Regards
Cyprus100
I think the hotels in cyprus at the moment are ALL taking the P. I have used Travel Republic (lots of times), the same as Luci and saved £400 on a two week stay for two people at a 4* Hotel. When I arrive at the hotel I will be having a talk to the manager for an explanation.
Wish me luck, John.
Don't forget please that the likes of TRepublic and Alpha Rooms and the like are consolidators, they buy rooms in bulk as hugely reduced prices at the beginning of the seasons and once they're gone they're gone at the special price they are willing to let them go for.

So as for some hotels being more expensive via direct bookings, that will be the reason why, I've often even asked if they'd prefer to compete with the consolidator and they just can't do it financially.

So you may end up being red faced if you have a go at them :oops:
I have used thomsons - room only before - they have started doing this as accommodation only and they have some good deals sometimes

other than that as mentioned alpha rooms are normally good

Jo
Hi all
I have used Thomson when we have been to Cyprus before. We would like to do diy like we have with other holidays like to Spain, but have found the flights to Cyprus are very expensive.
The other day for an experiment I went on line to the Cyprus Airways and it worked out at £1200 that was for myself, my husband, and our son who is 13. Not that cheap, when you have got to pay for return transport to resort, and your accommodation on top.

Dawnie-Rob
Thanks all for the advice, i'll start searching the reccommended sites and let you know how i get on. I hope its better than the flights, booked flights with Thomson on Monday night and they had gone up £30 since the morning! Checked again today (Thurs) and they are back down to their original price!!
Try Olympic Holidays accommodation only. Cheaper than booking direct with some apartments/hotels. Also very reliable.
i always book through libra holidays or olympic as they do excellent deals. we are going to the toxotis for 2 weeks on 6th oct with my parents and our baby for 2x1 bedroom aptmts flying from ncl it is costing us £1281.18 with libra!!!
I looked at quite a few accommodation only sites - Thomson, alpharooms, beds4all, lowcostbeds, etc. but ended up booking with Olympic. They had a wide choice and I thought the prices were pretty competitive. We only had to pay a deposit and the balance is due at the end of July, whereas Thomson wanted all the money straight away. Some hotels that we have booked direct with in Cyprus haven't wanted a deposit off us at all and we have paid on arrival.
I mostly find that for accommodation only that Olympic come out best too. Always had really good service from them and best prices too. Went with Libra once and they were also good.

Kerry
I went to Fuerteventura in March and could only get it 40 pounds cheaper than a travel agent, you could get the rooms cheaper but it is the flights that seem expensive, and by the time you book your transfers i personally dont think you save a lot. Also if you do have problems i assume it is more tricky to claim if holiday, flight and transfers, are booked with different companies.
I think it's always worth comparing before you book. We find that it is usually cheaper to book direct for Cyprus , especially now our youngest is too old for a free or reduced child place. On the other hand we have just been to Kefalonia on a package with Thomas Cook as we couldn't find any flights cheap enough to make DIY worthwhile.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.