Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
papas bar is still there and going strong. it is still the place for ferris reps meetings, and most of the staff are still there. they seem to have had much the same staff for the last 10 years. i had breakfast there earlier this year and it was excellent. i went in for a few beers at night, but left before their normal bingo time. i did spend a fair amount of time in the beach boys bar which had a great atmosphere and reasonably priced drinks.
the eureka is now at the end of bar street in malgrat, having moved a few years ago, just past the robin hood. it has a great atmosphere, and again is used by the ferris reps for their meetings. it is still the same owners, but mum and dad take a background role now, although the still visit daily. the food is very good, and the staff are very friendly.
most of the bars in bar steeet are struggling, particularly the rovers return -which has suffered badly because the boss has been in hospital for a while now-and i think it unlikely that it will still be there next year in its present form. on my trips there this year, the robin hood does not appear to have had a great year either.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.