Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
I was looking for a Website that would tell the truth about Holidays and Resorts etc, stuff they don't tell you in the Holiday Brochures and so I *googled* two words: 'Holiday truths' not knowing there was an actual website with that title and HT was the very first Website to show up.
i discovered ht by mistake was looking for holidays uncovered don't know how i ended up here! :lol: been using the site for a few years now though only recently plucked up the courage to become a member.
Welcome aboard wee flea! Hope you are enjoying the site.

luci :wave
Only got the internet at Christmas and used it to look for a holiday this summer. I looked at the Thompson site and noticed they had customer reviews for each of their hotels which I thought was a good idea to get a feel for the places I had chosen. So I typed in the various hotel names followed by reviews and up you popped!

I really enjoy this site, reading others posts even if they have no relevance to where I am visiting and going into the chat room at times. As a first timer with the 'flying and going abroad' thing this year the advice given has been most helpful.

What I like most is your question is never mocked or ridiculed, no matter how silly you think it is when asking, someone always replies, something I have found doesn't always happen on other holiday forums (is that because everyone is on here? :lol: )

Keep up the good work guys!
i also found ht by trying to find out anything about the hotel we were going to i am disabled and was really worried about the area (if it was hilly or had bad paths etc) but everyone put my mind at rest and the help was unbelievable it is so good to know you can get so much advice and meet so many friends with a touch of a few buttons

thank you so much and keep up the fantastic jobs you are doing

Nise
I honestly can't remember how I found it, but, how glad I am that I did. I am on here on & off all day every day. Lots of friends & family ask me to book holidays for them & even though I haven't been to some of these places I always feel happy to do it because I consult my diary (HT) 1st. I would be totally lost without everybody's help on here. Brill site. :lol:
Googled Holiday Reviews and got you lot! Mind you, I'm on here Mon to Fri at work when it's a bit slack. Always something to read. Have now got home laptop, but OH says no HTing at home, but I'll bring her round.
Loads of good info and some very nice people.
I used to go on to the BBC Talk Holiday site, but when they announced they were closing it I asked anyone if they knew of another site which was similar (in that you ask ordinary people questions and get an honest/helpful answer/opinion). Someone suggested Holiday Truths and I've never looked back - I'm adicted! :thanks all.
I found this site via good ol' google! :D

Funnily enough my search term actually was holiday truths because this forum was exactly the type of thing i was looking for. Somewhere with honest information from people who have actually been to the places I am trying to research.

I got so fed up reading brochures with resort/hotel descriptions which are all glossy and lovely but half the time only give you a vague idea of what you're booking, and more often than not have pictures which were probably taken when the hotel was first built back in the late '80s :roll: .

It's also pretty disconcerting when your taking advice from a travel agent who only knows what they have learned from books, having never actually been to half the places they are trying to sell. I know this does not apply to all travel agents obviously but, having been one myself for a while, after only one holiday to Benidorm :yuck , i know it does happen.

This forum gives you up to date, real experiences and advice from real people......... Just what the doctor ordered! :wink:
:tup nice to have you onboard Slime :)
i never did me boyfriend did and am on this more than what he is
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.