Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
I'll start off with I found the site in 2000 via a search engine (can't remember which one now) after a rotten holiday in Gran Canaria with First Choice :evil:

I loved holidays so much, plus the friends I made on here, that I stuck around and am still here :rofl
I found it about 2002. Well actually my OH did and has regretted showing me the site ever since! :lol: He is now an HT widower. We were going to Thailand for the first time and he asked some questions here. He actually found it through the hotel reviews.
must of been 4 years ago now I took a chance and booked a hotel not yet built (the blue bay escape in corfu) and spent the next year worrying and googling for every scrap of info I could find on the internet as to its progress. thats when I came across holiday truths and ive been hooked ever since :D :D

Mark . I would of just put the name of the hotel into my NTL search engine and obviously came across a thread on the subject on HT. :D

lyn
my profile says i joined in 2004 but i think it may have been a little before that, after being stitched up by one of the medium size T.O's[ also a holiday in grand canaria] where we were put in a so called 3+ accommodation which bluntly was S**t, and on investigation the hotel staff told me we only have 1 star, i vowed never to be done again, so whilst searching info for our late summer holiday I purchased upon HT the rest is history and the wife calls it my personal chat room,and me a sad bloke to spend so much time on here, but i enjoy trying to assist others and it helps keep the old grey matter working

Wizzzzzzzzzzzzzard
[formerly the pendle witch]
also answers to the name of Brian, oi you, burk, Pr**t and anything else
Found HT through a search engine, probably google. I was researching holidays and looking for reviews but have found it full of info, especially last year as we flew out a couple of days after the plastic bag scenario....
My Travel Agent told me to look here when I booked my Holiday to Goa last year :) She also told me to look at another holiday forum too but I much prefer this one. We have the bestest members :wink: :)
A colleague of mine mentioned this site to me about four years ago.
I go on holiday about 3 times a year and always used to worry whether I had made the right hotel choice. I used this site just to check on hotels, it was about a year later when I first looked at the site in depth and discovered the discussion forums, (silly me) :oops: I joined in 2006 after my first holiday to Goa and have been addicted to it ever since. :D :D
I found you through google, I was looking for holiday reviews for Icmeler the first year I stayed in The Gondol :D
It's so long ago, probably 6 or 7 years, that I can't really remember. However I think it was an article in a newspaper that mentioned the site and I've been hooked ever since.

luci :wave
Joined in 2000 when looking for information on Hotel Samoa in Majorca.
Then I forgot my password and it took me another year before I posted again.

Still here 7 years later having moved through various developments. Ezeboard, proboard etc

Biff
I joined just after Glynis - and that was in the days when we had about a dozen members!! :rofl
Started by putting holidays in google and the rest is history.

Kath x
Says I joined in 1970 but thats not true. Think it was about 2000. I found it on Google after looking for info on a hotel. Karen
MY husband Irishman... has been a member for a few years now he was always telling me to write things down that he had read on the forum as we were going to goa back then .....at the time I could not use a pc so never went on to the forum myself .....since then I have learned how to use a pc and not a day goes past when I am not on the forum I need my fix :rofl ....I just want to thank Fiona who has helped me with anything I need to know in the past ...and all the lovely lovely people I have had the pleasure to meet since I become a member myself over a year ago thankyou to you all :ghug ...colleen
i found it on a google search looking for some hotel reveiws last year its great :lol: :lol: :lol:
Found it on Google when I was looking for hotel info. Never been off since - think 'Sir' is going to cite you lot in the divorce! :rofl
Hi,

I blame Google. I was looking for info about a Mr Jonathan Simmons and this is where I ended up. Been lurking here ever since.

Derek.
I wish I could remember!! It was definitely as far back as 2002, perhaps earlier. I don't think I used google then, so it must have been a searcch result from Ask Jeeves! (Does anyone still use it?)
I came by you from a national newspaper article. The travel section of the Saturday Telegraph, or the travel section of the Mail on Saturday and just though I would have a looksee. You were recommended and holidaysuncovered (can't stand the pop-ups).

I lurked for ages, but finally joined to research Tunisa as I didn't have a clue, ended up going to Egypt instead :D though I'm sure I'll get to Tunisia one day.

I always put up hotel reviews as I feel its part of the site that some people forget even though they wish to take advantage of the discussion. It's a way of giving something back for the help you receive.

Briar, being risque :shock: "I don't beleive it" :rofl
I googled the name of a hotel in Lanzarote that I wanted to stay in, Holiday Truths came up, I joined and have been posting ever since.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.