Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
You could try meeting up at western water park or aqualand, both just up the road from Palma Nova, and the majority of tour operators do these as a day trip from Alcudia

HTH
Biff
Other than as described above, the only way is by bus Alcudia to Palma then change for Palma Nova. That should be around 7 or 8 Euros one-way and takes about 1&1/2 hours....Or taxi, which will be expensive, probably 70 Euros one-way. Meeting 1/2 way is not really an option since there is nothing of interest between Palma and Alcudia if going by bus. The only major town is Inca which is residential/industrial with some nice leather outlets but really not worth the trouble.
You could meet in Palma which is a lovely city, bus Alcudia-Palma takes around 50 mins and costs around 9 Euros return. If you want more info on that option then come back soon as I am off to Mallorca myself in a few days.
There's an Alcudia/Palma time table :- Click Here
Biff's idea seems very clever to me, although you'd be limited to the time the Coach leaves to return to Alcudia.

On a couple of occasions people who have chosen the North of the Island (ie Alcudia) have used Public Transport to come and see us in Magalluf, and on all occasions it turned into a real endurance test, with the journey taking longer than expected, and buses not tying up.

Your friends in Palma Nova will be able to walk to either Western Water or Aqualand (5 minutes walk to Magalluf, 10 minutes walk to Western Water) or on a similar basis you could arrange to meet at Pirates for an evening out. If you do decide to go by public transport, plan to leave very early and pack yourselves up!

Cheers

Adam

(PS A ferry would take a very, very long time!)
Go on, spoil yourselves and meet up in Palma. Your friends will get there very quickly and there is an excellent bus service from Alcudia. Why not meet at the main entrance to the cathedral? There are several small bars should you arive early and I'm sure the ladies would enjoy the shopping, interspersed with the odd drink, a few tapas and a leisurely lunch.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.