Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Carol

It will cost around 70 euros. An alternative might be the bus into Palma (one runs at least every hour) and then another bus or taxi from Palma. Companies like Janer Bus may be able to help, but they are really more airport transfer operators, and I somewhat doubt they would work out much cheaper, but I might be wrong.
Thank you for that Andrew
High Carol,
If you are a driver and don't mind driving on the left you will probably be able to rent a car quite cheaply for however long you intend to visit Palm Nova. Be a lot cheaper than taxis etc.

Regards.
Hi Carol

There's no direct Bus route from Alcudia to Palma Nova, and as Andrew says you would need to get a bus into Palma and then another to Alcudia, which would make it a long day.

If you are a confident driver, then Mr MG's idea is fine, but driving in Majorca is not for the faint hearted.

Here's a suggestion. You do not say when you are travelling, and the purpose of your visit to Palma Nova, but there are excursions from Alcudia (and most other resorts) to places in or near Magalluf / Palma Nova such as Western Water, Aqualand, Pirates, Marineland, which are all within a short bus / Taxi ride to Palma Nova. You could book one of those excusions, make use of the coach (which would obviously be included) and then slip off to Palma Nova! Maybe a daft idea, but a great deal cheaper than a 150 euro round trip by Taxi.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Adam
Thank you Adam. It's a very good idea actually. It is not for me, but for a friend. I will pass on this info to her. Thanks again.
Im going to be needing a Taxi from the Airport to Alcudia too.

70euros each way sounds ok but how long will this take? About an hour or is there a m/way between the two *goes off to find Majorca map*
An hour is about right, so long as there are no hold-ups (theoretically it could be quicker, but practically ...). The motorway now stretches as far as about 10 kilometres short of Alcudia, and the road thereafter has been upgraded but can still be a tad slow in high season.
Firestars try Janerbus, we have booked Alcudia return end of August(2 people) at a cost of 60 euros each way.
http://www.janerbus.com/en/index.htm

Thanks for the tip, I will drop them an email.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.