Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hey just come home today, there is a train, which runs every 20-30 mins until about 11pm. I believe it goes from Barcellona then to all the little towns including Tossa. The train is the Mancet or Blanes one.
Hi ashibonner

1)
http://www.sarfa.com

Air-con. bus service from Barcelona to Tossa de Mar (calling at Lloret). Cheap regular service, advertised as 1:30 min journey but traffic can delay.
This is probably the most convenient way but return services only run until mid evening.Usually have to book both journeys and are allocated a seat, don't upset the locals by sitting in anyother seat.

2)
http://www.renfe.com

Air-con. train service from Barca - Blanes (NOT Macanet).
V/cheap 1/2 hourly service to Blanes. Lovely run up the coast on the beach passing many resorts, journet time 1-1/2 hours.
Local bus at station goes to Lloret (not Blanes Town) meets every train, 15/20 min journey €1.05.
At Lloret bus station another local bus, at adjacent stance, to Tossa de Mar, 20 min journey and again €1.05.

Which ever way you choose you will enjoy the very pretty resort.

regards

Pars fan
Nothing more to add other than what has been said above.

I am going to Tossa in July, when you get back, I'd love to know if you have any recommendations for romantic restaurants.
I'll cetainly tell you all about it, if we get there. I'm staying in Barcelona for the first time for only 4 nights. So now I'm wondering if I'll have time to visit Tossa. If I don't I definitely want to go again, coz from what I remember TDM's beautiful. I hope you enjoy your trip. :D
Thank you, and you too x. I am myself, hoping to visit Barcelona!
I'm going to TDM in Aug/Sept and am hoping to travel to Barca so please let me know how you get on!

Happy Holidays :fish
We went from TDM to Barcelona yesterday. The bus was around 16 euro's each return and goes from the TDM bus station. However, you have to choose the time for when you want to come back which is a pain. We decided to come back at 1815, but the bus set off early back!!! We were there for 1810 and waited, and the woman behind the counter said it had gone and was full anyway and that we would have to pay to get another ticket to get back!! I kicked up a fuss saying that it had gone early and that we had booked, and it wasn't our fault it was full anyway as we had reserved seats!! I said I wasn't paying again and wanted to get the next one. The next two were fully booked, so we ended up getting the 1945 one instead, and we didn't have to pay as I complained and started telling all the other English-speakers what had happened. I'm not an aggressive person, but won't be ripped off. If they wouldn't be flexible, I wouldn't have paid them again and would have got the train instead. As it happens, it was nice staying the extra 90 mins as we found a lovely tapas bar anyway. The last time we went to Barce from Blanes, we got the train. I WON'T be getting that bus again, and would rather get the train from Blanes, even though it means two buses from TDM to Lloret, then Lloret to Blanes.
We are planning on going somewhere else that takes us through Barcelona on the train, we WON'T be getting that bus again. Also, I'm sure the train is cheaper anyway!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.