Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Hi

I'm staying there at the begining of September :cheers

I've stayed at the Mirador twice before and although never eaten there in the evening the food does always look really nice. I've had breakfast most mornings and it was great value for money as the buffet style choice was just lovely.

I'm sure you an upgrade to half board but sorry i don't know how much it is. If you contact the hotel i'm sure they'll be able to help miradoratlantico@yahoo.es

The mirador also has a daily lunch special which is served near the bar.

As for resort it it quite in the evenings but there are a number of places to eat along the beech walk which i'm sure won't dissapoint. One of the nicest places is Bistro Salsa, it just a little bit different as you can cook your own food on a stone grill (have to book the day before) or just have a nice selection of tapas. It really is a lovely place and such a nice way to spend the evening as the whole family get involved. From memory it was around €65/€70 euros for 3 of us which included a few bottles of sangria.

Hope thats of some help.

Have a lovely holiday :sun2
we are going there on the 18th august may see you there. if you check out the gran canaria discussion forum there are loads of great resteraunt recommendations although they dont give prices it may give you some ideas? :cheers
Hi need the sun
We are looking to book for 23rd aug but don,t know whether to go for s/c or h/b
i always thought it was cheap to eat out in the canaries but then i havent been there for 6 years. however i have heard good things about the resteraunt in the mirador on other reviews. people have said the bbq night is good and that they have a daily specials menu. if you google it they do have their own website. we booked throu direct and they only offer sc at this accomodation. but then with kids its ideal for us cos they can get a bit picky about food.

cant wait to go!!!
:sun2
Its like anywhere you can eat as cheap or as expensive as you like.
You can easily get a cheap taxi to either commercial centre aswell so you are not limited to just amadores for food.
We love Ciao Ciao on amadores beach great italian food i reckon our bill is around 70euros for 4 of us (2ad 2ch) 2 courses and some drinks.
You can eat in a chinese buffet for under 5 euros each not personally my cup of tea but lots do it to save money.
We tend to go for slightly more expensive places where you get nicely cooked fresh foods and i also like to choose places that you can get real food for kids as i like mine to eat decent stuff not nuggets and chips everyday (again just personal choice) we spend around 70-90 euros per night on food and maybe 2 drinks each i would say with the meal.
debs1

Hi my friend is actually in gran canaria at the moment and she rang to tell me how the holiday was going and to let me know the average price of eating out.

In Amadores average meal for a family of 4 £39 euros with drinks

In Puerto Rico c.centre average meals family of four £38 euros with pudding and drink each, this was at San Miguels.
Hope this helps , we are off to Puerto Rico in september so this is why she told me the average prices
Well my friends have just come back from Puerto rico and she said that the second week prices had shot up, ie: San Miguels in c.centre had more or less doubled there price of sunday lunch from £4.95 euros for beef to £8 euros she queried it and was told it's peak season can they do this?, I think it's a disgrace if they can.
We go to puerto rico twice a year eat mostly in Sabindans and Las Vagas in the evenings very cheap never known them to put up prices great staff great food.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.