EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi, Most people on this forum are simply visitors to Tunisia (though some of us are regulars) and would probably not have the sort of information you need. I've sent you a PM.
Why not look at the Tunisian Embassy website and see what crops up under visas. If there is nothing useful, you will need to email/write to them.

Remember that Tunisia is NOT a member of the EEC so you will not have reciprocal working rights. It would be very unwise to work without a visa, not least because Tunisia is a muslim country and the laws there will be far different from what you are used to in Ireland.

And how fluent are you in Arabic and French? OK so you might be intending to work in the tourist industry, but you will still need to use them in your work with your employers and the local population. And don't forget that you won't have reciprocal medical insurance, so make sure that you cover the health angle (including repatriation by air ambulance) if you decide to work there.

There will be members who will tell me that I have been :offtop because I have raised matters other than simply how to get a visa. TOUGH. If you plan to work away from your native country there are plenty more things you need to consider than just getting a visa ............... but all credit to you for assuming your responsibilites as regards legal work. There are many who wouldn't bother, and risk BIG trouble further down the line!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.