EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hiya,

Yes you can get your work permit in Turkey. To be honest, coming at it from a British citizens point of view, any permits etc that have been granted to acquaintances of mine in the UK had to be done again once they arrived in Turkey anyway.
You can go to Turkey on a visit visa, but cannot legally work on that. You can apply for a residence visa and work permit once you are in Turkey(your employer will probably be able to do most of the work permit stuff for you once you arrive in Turkey).
Sorry I don't know the timescales for permits, visas etc being issued.

Elaine
Get your self to ıstanbul and get a vısıtor vısa on entry then your employer should be able to sort everythıng for you Go to http://www.mymerhaba.com and have a look at that sıte lots of people ın Istanbul wıll be able to assıst you.
Hi msml

I've also heard it's not a huge problem getting a work permit, especially if you use someone in the know to speed the process for you.

A guy from Olu Deniz who we've met a few times says he offers this service. His name is Ertan from Activities Unlimited. You can mail me for his e-mail address if you like.

Regards
Pete

Edited to remove unauthorised personal signature/weblink
David HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.