General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
have you tried teletext or sky travel?

the other alternative is to just spend a day scouring the high street in and out of travel agents taking the various quotes you get with you to see if they can better each other....sometimes free insurance / uk transfers will get added on free to secure your booking...

the only thing to be wary of is that leaving it till a couple of days before there is a chance that some prices may go up as the travel companies work on the assumption that if you are going with that short notice you will pay the extra to make sure you go somewhere....well this is what the lady in co-op travel told us last year....

hope you find something suitable!
:D Hi, if your looking to go on the 16th I suggest you start looking now! Have you tried: http://auctions.latedeals.com/ Just select airport you are looking to fly from, and this will bring the various holidays/destinations up. It works similar to ebay, you just bid, and the holiday goes to the highest bidder. (I'm pretty sure it's a thomsons website). Hope you manage to find a bargain. Regards,BBB.
a mate of mine just went to Manchester airport a couple of days before she wanted to go and asked what cancellations etc there was.. she ended up flying out to Faliraki for 2 weeks for £169 in the middle of August.

Other friends of mine went into the travel agent one morning and were asked how soon they could be at Manchester airport and for £20 each admin charges, they got a fortnight in Florida B & B departing later that day. They didn't even pack!!! ( that was maybe 12 years ago tho)..

me and Rob are just not that lucky though, even though we scour the internet and teletext etc...there are some bargains to be had.. it just depends how near to the death you are prepared to gamble.. good luck in finding sommat.
Just wondered if you would be better off going diy. Take a look at flights from the charter companies (they tend to reduce their prices the nearer it gets to departure) and then look at accommodation - either direct with hotels/apartments or via an agency - med hotels, wintersunshine etc. That way you will probably be able to find a 10/11 day holiday. Some tour operators are doing a few 10/11 day holidays but not that many.

Pippa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.