Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
My advice would be to wait until 10-14 days before sailing, maybe even 7 days. The price will almost certainly fall, although you will have a more limited choice of cabin.
Hi pashek and welcome to HT!

I also think there is a good chance that the price of this cruise will fall given that you are travelling off season.

We did a similar thing with a cruise ex Greenock to Norway, Iceland and the Faroes. I didn't expect this cruise to be popular with it sailing from Scotland and kept checking the price intending to book 10-14 days before sailing. However 3-4 weeks before the cruise disappeared off the websites! I called to enquire and found that there were only 3 cabins left. We did get a bargain at only £443 for 12 nights which was less than half the original price.

Remember to come back and let us know how you get on and what price you get it at.

luci :wave
Maybe I should just book, it's a bit of a risk, isn't it? Are there any travel agents on the site that would be able to tell me what the availability actually is and if/when a price drop may be likely. Last thing I want to do is miss out.
Isnt that date around half term in places ? That might be the reason its a bit higher.

Kath x
OK, given that info, I decided to not risk it and book. Price is £519 per person, for 7 days, inside cabin. Flights from Glasgow, which suits us fine. Hope our first cruise experience is a good one. I'll make sure to report back.
Doesnt sound that bad a price Pashek - am sure you will have a wonderful time!

Look forward to your report on return. :wink
Kath x
sorry to hjack the thread...Luci who did you do the Fjord with for £443?
I am keeping an eye on the Jade sailing on the 29th June but would prefere a bit late because we dont get back from Santorini till the 24th
Mandy, that was in June 2004 on the Airtours Sundream. It was a great cruise even though the weather wasn't great.

Pashek, you should get some useful tips in the RED SEA MAGIC topic and the THOMSON CELEBRATION topic. You can also read our reviews by clicking Cruise Reviews at the top of the page. You should read both the Thomson Celebration and Thomson Spirit as they have both done the Red Sea Magic itinerary.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.