Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Val,
Its anything from 10 hours upwards.
I'm not sure of which companies fly non stop, but I know Emirates will have a stop off in Dubai
Qatar in Doha and Sri Lanka do a non stop with a stopover in Columbo on the way back( but sometimes the other way round). With a stop off it makes the journey very long but I don't mind them as it really breaks up the journey. I think Qatar are the best of the three but Doha isn't the best of Airports.
Judith
  • Edited by Judith 2008-07-22 14:03:14
Justval,

It might be a long(ish) flight, but you won't be dissapointed when you get there. Judith mentions the main options for indirect flights and stop-overs, direct flights to Male include (depending on departure airport); Thomas Cook, Monarch, First Choice and Thomsonfly.

Darren

PS: Scuba diving and romance mix quite nicely :rofl
Thanks very much.. I am sort of warming to the idea of going there. It would mean I have to miss Malta/Gozo later this year but hey ho..we can't afford everything.

10 hours..I guess we would have to fly from Manchester....

is there owt else to do other than scuba diving and romance?
A direct flight from Heathrow to Male is 10 hour's 20 mins,having done so for the past 4 years running.
Our return flight is normally via Dubia,takes a bit longer of course.
I really would'nt be put off by the length of the flight as the end result is well worth it.
We have alway's flown at night (outbound)that way you can get some sleep in.For me I am normally to excited to sleep :) but I do try.

As for what else you can do.....

Windsurfing
Kitesurfing
Surfing (Depends which island you go to)
Boat trips
Sailing
Fishing trips
Visit other Islands
Day trip to Male (If your resort island is close enough)
BL, you forgot the eating, drinking and sleeping to get your energy levels up for the next days bout of diving/romance! :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.