Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I'll go first !

Once to Goa, maybe twice to India and at least 2 months between visits.
Maximum stay about 4 weeks.
Very good point Dave,

The majority of holidaymakers will only be making one visit a year. Or like myself two, with two months between each visit, five weeks total.

And I still think Goa is well worth a visit, and good value :)

xx lassi
Twice a year; Nov/Dec and March/April, 3 weeks usually though we are doing 4 weeks this march.....being Irish, St Patricks Day just wouldnt be the same if we wern't with our friends in Molly Malones!
see ya all soon!
:cheers
I dont tend to go every year but this will be my 4th visit.
Usually go for 3 weeks :)

I do love Goa but its a big wide world out there so Im keen to try new places. Saying that i still always end up coming back for a Goa top up ;)
Once instead of my usual twice, and it my case I now have to make two visits instead of once to obtain my more expensive, but limiting, tourist visa, so in my case it most certainly made a difference. I for one value a more balanced discussion, but all to often it would appear the rose tinted specs contributors seem to take exception to anything other than fullsome praise for Goa. I have been visiting Goa and knowing it's people for more than 50 years, and love the place, but anyone who knows Goa must be aware of it's many shortcomings, and certainly should be mature enough to accept all points of view on all topics regarding them.
Alan
Twice this season November and March.Twice Next season if finances permit.Could not get time off work before two months had passed anyway.

Papa
I will be there for 2 weeks in March then 2 weeks for Xmas and NY - would have also been there for 11 nights in November , but cannot do that due to visa rules, I am off to Thailand instead, and yes I still love the place :D
Sometimes twice a year, usually once - 3 weeks per visit when finances allow and usually more than 2 months between visits.

No it won't normally be a problem for me BUT like many who have been visiting a long time, we have made quite a few friends over there. Friends often means invitations to christenings, weddings etc., I went in November 2008 to attend a wedding and in the January 2009 I very nearly got a flight out to attend the funeral of my God daughters auntie. - I don't think it was quite 2 months between, sadly I didn't go as I would have arrived too late for the service - it would have been over as the plane landed in Dabolim :cry but had I been able to get there in time I would have gone - this new rule would most likely have prevented me even thinking of going had it been implemented then. They bury people quickly over there and I could not have got the special permission sorted in time.

My God daughters Grandfather is not a well man either and the same situation could potentially arise again, who knows :que so it's not just property owners and long term stayers who could feel the impact of this new rule. :(

Fizz
Feb/March for 6 weeks(providing I don't have another heart attack before then!!)
We go Once a year for 5mths and have done so for the last 5yrs, we go out in mid Oct and
leave mid March, we rent long term its great, and we travel within India been to all sorts of
places.
Can only manage once a year but by taking some unpaid leave we manage to go for about 6 weeks Dec/Jan. Have just booked flights for 8th December will be there for 6 weeks and 3 days cant wait
its great, and we travel within India been to all sorts of
places.

Goa is a brilliant holiday destination

I agree with the quotes above ;) I still love Goa as a place to be, as a holiday 'resort', it has so much to offer to the tourist..it would be hard to beat it IMO. . :tup . and we do have a choice, ... but we certainly have a great life here, socially and in most other ways, and are certainly not in any hurry to leave :tup ...

as an afterhought just to prove I am not wearing any 'rose tinted glasses' I should add, yes, Goa of course has its downside... it drives me nuts at times, in loads of ways and I rant!! .... but pretty much every country does if you look hard enough, one way or another.... thats life!!! and I love this one!! :)

Chilly
  • Edited by chilly 2010-10-19 15:10:05
Mobor one, I am a PIO, my husband was born in India, and is of Indian origin,
Chilly
  • Edited by chilly 2010-10-19 15:11:28
We go once a year for a two week hol. Next year, as I am no longer working, we are going for a month.
Possibly that will be the last regular visit to Goa, nothing to do with current and future proposed regulations, but more down to wanting to see other places.
This will depend on SWMBO! as she is very keen on Goa.
(but I hold the purse strings) :D

PS if we should meet, please don't mention the last bit! :D
not much chance of blackmail, chilly , as the purse strings I hold are on an empty purse! :)

but nice try :D
Once a year for 3 weeks for me, has to be over xmas and year as its the only time I can get three weeks leave but aint complaining as xmas in Goa is much better than xmas here. Last year because I was made redundant and had a couple of weeks before starting a new job we managed to visit in March too, we would have loved to try again for that this year but the Visa ruling knocked it on the head but in all honesty we would have pushing our finances a bit and some much needed home improvements would have been delayed yet again so instead its a bit diy at home instead of a diy holiday...roll on xmas
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.