Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi Sonias, I was surprised at how little we spent in our 2 weeks. We ate out every night, a meal with one course for 2 ad and 2 ch cost approx 40 euros, this included glass of wine, large beer and 2 soft drinks. We too ate in the apartment for breakfast and lunch and spent £750. Our car hire had already been paid for, and we didn't buy any gifts other than a couple of things the kids wanted. You'll definately save some money by shopping in the supermarkets out of resort. I think that if you don't want a 3 course meal everynight and drinks from bars all day long you'll be fine. We had desserts a couple of times and this added almost 20 euro to our bill. Also we just drank water and quash during the day, not because we were trying to save money but because this is all we wanted with the heat.

Hope this helps, Nic.
Hi Nic, Thanks so much that has put my mind at rest. I reckon we will spend about the same as you as what you are saying is pretty much what we do. Plus we have one less mouth to feed!
and I must say I do like to have a glass or 2 with my meal!!

What restaurants would you recommend round the harbor which are nice, but good value for money?

Yes I am gonna go to the supermarkets that you recommended on a previous post - thanks for that it is a great help and I have looked on Google Earth and it looks fairly easy to get to.

19 days to go and counting....

sonia
x
hi again sonias you say you are staying near the lighthouse if it is the lighthouse in cap de artruix area you are not far from titanic park it is only a restaraunt but has ball pools mini cars motor bkes trampolines decent sized pool with slide admission price is you have to buy a drink enjoy cnb we did cya
Hi Norm19580, Not sure but if you look at CnB from the sea we are over the left hand side heading out of CnB towards Cuididella. The Titanic park sounds good - is this a different place to Goody Goody?
Hi again. We ate in several restaurants around the marina the ones I recall are Piccolos, really friendly with the children and good meals. Tropicana was ok too. Ate in Fiesta tex mex a couple of times, first time was good the 2nd time not so, but they do have a childrens play area and do face painting and dress up as big cuddly animals too if you like that sort of thing! Our favourite and the restaurant we went to most was Fontana, which was up at the side of the bandstand. The food was always good with a varied menu but most of all my youngest loved getting up to dance on the bandstand whilst we could sit and have a drink whilst watching her 'perform'.

Oh... yes the Titanic is a different place to Goody Goody. To be honest we didn't go to either as my children were happy with the beach and pool during the day, and were so worn out by evening that they were not really interested.

You'll have a fab time, wish it were me!
Hi Nic, Thanks for all the info I will look out for the places you have recommended and give them a go. I am not into big cuddly animals, but I am sure my daughter will find it fun!! I am getting really excited now - can't wait to go especially as I look out of my window it is chucking in down!! My daughter will probably be the same as your children come the evening she will be so tired from the beach and pool that she will probably fall a sleep in her buggy (fingers crossed) so we can relax a little.

x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.