Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi bobertm.

I was in Altinkum during September 2008 and prices for an Efes varied between 2.5 and 4 Lira, with most places charging 3 or 3.5

Regarding meals, the best value was to look out for set 3 course meals that many restaurants offered, as often this could work out that you were effectively getting a free starter and dessert. Depending on the actual main course this sort of deal could be around 15 to 20 Lira per head. Or you could always have a kebab meal with a coke for around 7 or 8 Lira.

Of course I can't say by how much prices may have increased for 2009.

By the way, I've started uploading some of my pictures of Turkey to my Flickr account which will include Altinkum: http://www.flickr.com/photos/randomphoto/

Cheers.
When we were out last June a large Efes was about 3 lira. On the meal front, we tried to eat at places that did a 3 course set menu(this wasn't very set, as you could chop and change to suit your needs !!!!), this came out at between 15 and 17 lira. We also ate in the real Turkish places like ALO24, Ucansu and Didim Sehir Lokantasi. Sorry but I can't help you with the boat trips.

Les
When we were out last June a large Efes was about 3 lira. On the meal front, we tried to eat at places that did a 3 course set menu(this wasn't very set, as you could chop and change to suit your needs !!!!), this came out at between 15 and 17 lira. We also ate in the real Turkish places like ALO24, Ucansu and Didim Sehir Lokantasi. Sorry but I can't help you with the boat trips.

where did you go to that had set menus just interested for this year thanks

suzie :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.