Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Expect to pay the following for food and drinks, Breakfast £2, Lunch £2 to £3, Evening meal 3 course £7 to £8 also ask if your youngest child gets to eat free, Drinks 1 pint/bottle Efes £1.20 to £1.50, Short, Vokda, etc etc, more like double's etc, £2.40 these are local spitits much more expensive for our branded spirits, Coke £1.20 to £1.50, Trip prices are all differently priced if your offered all inclusive trips take them as this will save a whack on drinks and book all your trips at the same time with the same Agency/shop that only sell these trips book 3 or more and you will get the trips for less than they first offfered providing you ask of course.
Ive not been to marmaris or turkey sc infact for many many years but generally go sc other places and for a family of 4 we spend about £1500-1800 in 2 weeks.
That would be breakfast out some mornings and some just in apartment.
lunch by the pool or out and about
Meal out every evening and we tend to go to more expensive places and have nice fillet steaks etc.
We go out for drinks everynight , fairly late as youngest sleeps in his buggy !
Normally say 2 trips, then things like drinks, icecreams during the day.
Money for kids in arcades of a night or going trampolining etc.

I know turkey is still meant to be cheaper so you might not spend that much we normally do the canaries, we are AI in turkey this yr at the holiday village.
  • Edited by vicky06 2009-07-08 12:13:18
i would spend about 120 a day we have just returned and spent 450 in 1 week, there were 3of us. most places children eat free most drinks bobof didnt pay for little one on any trips, i thought it was excellent value for money.
Last year we spent £118 a day, but the £ to lira was terrible 2.19=£1, there were four of us 2 Adults and 2 children 15 and 12, we didn't skimp.

Dave
vicky06 wrote:
Ive not been to marmaris or turkey sc infact for many many years but generally go sc other places and for a family of 4 we spend about £1500-1800 in a week.
That would be breakfast out some mornings and some just in apartment.
lunch by the pool or out and about
Meal out every evening and we tend to go to more expensive places and have nice fillet steaks etc.
We go out for drinks everynight , fairly late as youngest sleeps in his buggy !
Normally say 2 trips, then things like drinks, icecreams during the day.
Money for kids in arcades of a night or going trampolining etc.

I know turkey is still meant to be cheaper so you might not spend that much we normally do the canaries, we are AI in turkey this yr at the holiday village.

I certainly dont think it's possible to spend £1500-1800 in Marmaris on food and trips, Look at it this way, I have already given prices and these can be found everywhere and perhaps cheaper than I wrote, Take it like I said £13 per day per person on food times 14 days and you get £182 per person x 4 =£728, Say perhaps go on 3 trips each at an average price of £12 each = £146, add it all up £874.
And I eat fillet ot T-bone steak a lot also. :que
i have to agree with rob there is no way i could spend over £250 a day in marmaris on general day to day food drinks etc, i dont really drink but we manage easily on about £75 - £100 a day for 3 of us and hubby has a few beers, we usually take our own soft drinks to the beach though
Perhaps Vicky06 means in 2 weeks. Does seem an awful lot of money for a week!!

In my experience we were spending more a day on soft drinks than on food. Infact last year in Marmaris we were buying around 8 soft drinks a day @ around 3.5 lira each drink. Roughly £12 per day x 4, which was almost £50. That didnt include beer for the men and some drinks in the evening. I find it hard to believe that anyone could spend that large amount in Marmaris.

Of course you can buy soft drinks much cheaper in the supermarkets but we enjoyed lazing by the pool. Unfortunately the prices were a little steep for drinks around the pool area.
I calculated this on 14 days!
Doesent everyone realise that you always pay more at the poolside, Here's the reason for this, As the tour ops pay them a mear pittence for the privalage of you and your's staying at the hotel, So really that is the only source of income, If they didnt charge more they certainly wouldnt be in business, Some of these hotels only get £3 per room per night :que
  • Edited by rwb46 2009-07-08 11:54:15
We spent between £500 and £600 pounds (cant remeber exact numbers) a family of 4 for a fortnight, who went fullboard plus. But I am not the sort to trawl supermarkets and stagger about under the weight of two litre bottles of 7up in July heat. So we were purchasing from beach bars and cafes.
£100 per day was ample for us this June. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 boys aged 8 & 5. We were self catering and ate out every evening and had drinks afterwards. We went on at least 4 trips and several visits to markets and other shopping trips. Add that to the constant demands of 2 young boys on holiday and our hands were never out of our pockets !! But we were pleasantly surprised at how much we brought home with us. We actually spent less than last year.
Sorry i did mean 2 weeks not a week, i shall see if i can edit my post now.
Also i did say i was just talking general speaking from going to canaries etc.
But if im saying i spend £1500-1800 in 2 weeks and we can drink a fair amount in evenings and eat well, and people are saying £100 a day then lets be honest its not much difference is it £100x 14 days = £1400.

Maybe next time i shall just reply to posts about places ive been , i was only trying to respond on an average spend on hols for a family of 4 to give an idea.
I just assumed most places cost roughly the same for eating out drinks etc etc
Hi again vicky06

Thought you had meant 2 weeks. We will be going to Ibiza shortly on a family holiday and am expecting to spend a fair bit. Lets say I dont think our money will go as far as it does in Turkey or Bulgaria where we usually holiday!
I think that is a sensible amount to take Vicky, at the end of the day if you dont spend it you can always bring some back, probably better to have too much rather than not enough.

Have a great holiday.

Doe :wave
Going All Inclusive this year so wont need many spends atall which is always nice LOL
We did a week at club Aida this year and spent 1 thousand pound (sorry pound sign not working) We were a family of two adults and 2 children 12 & 14 (they always ate adult meals) We did one boat trip, the kids bought trainers, jeans etc and we ate on the beach front or Taj on a nite. The amount we spent included the visas and the safe and ircon charges at the Aida.
i don't think vicky,is far off the mark!
we never go away,with less than £1500,for a fortnight,self catering & that is for 3 of us.
we never bring money back,with us & the only thing,we purchase really,is hubbys ciggies.we don't bring presents back & very rarely bother,with souvenirs.
we always say to each other,we don't know where our money goes to,because we aren't extravagant,it would cost us a fortune,if we were!!!!!!!!!
going for a week in sept & taking £800,
tracy
It all depends on what you want to do. The poster who ate out every night in more expensive restaurants etc probably spent more than average. We spent about £1300 over two weeks last time and that included 5 trips and lots of stuff bought in the markets. This time we budget on £1000 for two weeks, we plan to eat in the cheaper places and even have a couple of nights eating in. With regard to the markets, yes lots of seemingly good deals on fake clothes etc, be warned you pay for what you get. We all bought jeans last time, mine were D&G, well until the first wash at home when the label fell off, the colour faded and they turned into a shapeless pair of jeans you'd only pay £3 for at Asda. The fake football tops have the same problem, one wash and they fall apart, same with sunglasses, my pair of Raybans lasted three days. Apart from that some items we still have and use, like Polo shirts.
It's difficult to put a definate price on it, as people have different spending habbits. For what it's worth last year we (family of 5, kids aged 8/10/12) went 2 weeks SC in Marmaris & took £1,000 in cash out with us & planned to use the ATM if we ran out.

We went out for dinner every night & generally had 2 courses each with a couple of drinks. After dinner we would often have an ice cream from one of the venders, (we're not cheap skates honest but it was rare for anyone to ever want a starter/main course & a desert!) stop at Migros for supplies for the next day bread/fruit/water/cereals etc probably spending £5-10 per night on average in there. For breakfast we had cereals, for lunch crusty bread, butter, jam, fruit etc.

We'd all have an ice cream around the pool in the afternoon but as we spent most of the day around the pool, if anyone wanted a drink we'd just go & have a coke/sprite or water in our room, which was 60 seconds walk from the pool.

We went on 2 boat trips, had a day at the aqua park bought a few souveniers, bits of clothing from the market/bazarre/shops etc. So as far as we're concerned we didn't skimp on anything (maybe we did, but does anyone really eat out for breakfast & lunch everyday?) & on the last day when we totted up, we'd averaged about £70 per day, including all of the above, so never used the ATM.

On the other hand there were a couple of days when the kids wanted to go to McDonalds or Burger King for dinner which obviously made those days cheaper & I suppose more importantly, neither me or the wife drink, so if you fancy having a few drinks each after dinner, then you will easily be able to get through another couple of £ hundred over the fortnight. As far as drinks with the meals went, soft drinks were pretty much the same price as Effes.

So in a nutshell, you could do it on £1000 if you're carefull & still have a good time & if you budget for between £1200-1500 you'll have no problem.
neither me or the wife drink

Me and the wife do..... so we'd bwtter double that! :rofl :rofl :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.