Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hello,

I stayed at the Rosa Park Apartments last June which I think were next to your hotel. Its a quiet area but I didn't feel concerned for my safety at all, we used to walk back from the bars at 3 in the morning and had no problems at all, certainly wouldn't have thought it was any dodgier than any other parts.

I really didn't like Benidorm at all but safety was not a concern, it just wasn't my kind of resort.

Just use the same precautions like you do at home although having said that Benidorm felt safer than my local town though.

Enjoy your holiday, you get idiots in every part of the world, don't let last years incident put you off!

Mark
Totally agree,
I've felt more threatened in my town center at night time than I ever have in Benidorm! We've stayed a few times at the paraiso 10 next to whats known as "muggers alley" & while we'd never walk down it in the early hours, by staying to the lit streets we've never experienced any trouble apart for the odd Brit youths fighting amongst each other!
Hi

I agree with the others comments.

We have stayed 3x at the Rosa Park appts and they are very close to the Levante Club, we have never fealt threatned or scared walking home of an evening and we had young children with us.

Go and enjoy I actually think you are in a safer area than the main square!
We have stayed in other areas and prefer where you are hence the 3x at Rosa Park!!

Liz.
Thanks Liz feel okay about it now

Rosie
The only time I've felt wary is walking up the "Yellow brick road" which is unlit with lots of places for bogey men to hide! Because of the benches, there are always local drunks hanging around. I have to say that they have never shown the slightest hostility whatsoever. The only "incident" that's happened going up there was when some idiot (I presume a British kid) chucked an egg from one of the balconies, very narrowly missing my daughter.
Benidorm is like a city. If you don't make yourself a victim, the chances are you won't be one. I imagine that by 4am potential muggers can just wander around emptying the pockets of brits lying in gutters, so why bother to assault anyone :roll:
I've read conflicting reports in reviews about gangs, mostly romanians who cause a lot of trouble. Are these over exaggerated. we'd be staying in the old town and all I want is for it to be safe for me to get my morning run or back early on my own at night if I feel like it. Thanks
It's no worse than anywhere else in the world.
I think you have to excercise caution where ever you go in this world.I treat Benidorm like a City and I don't stay out late at night.I always walk on the main roads and where it's well lit.I think it's gone from being a small place and if the go ahead for 2,000 apartments being built on the land around the market area etc ,it'll be even bigger.I read the local newspapers which give a great insight to what is happening in the town.I'm going in Dec to Palm Beach going with benidormdirect got a great price for fullboard with wine and water with meals.
A lot is exaggerated

For example if you read some reports of Barcelona you'd walk down the Ramblas with a knife in your hand and screaming at anyone that even looked at you in a slightly funny way

A lot of the problems, I find in my own opinion, are people in the holiday 'spirit' simply losing inhibitions and opening themselves to danger
We've just returned and saw no sign of trouble.
Last week we walked virtually the whole length of Levante, leaving our hotel at 2.30am we walked through the area calling in several bars and clubs along the way :cheers we arrived at the old town and watched the sunrise from Placa Del Castell, probably about 6.30ish. We walked from there back to the hotel arriving about 7.45am.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.