Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi , I went to Benidorm in Oct for a 'girlie' weekend. We stayed at the Levante Club Apts. I didn't find walking about a problem at all, we tended to walk to the 'main strip' then get a taxi back to the apts. But didn't find it intimidating at all. :cheers
We tended to be going out at 11.00pm...then coming back around 5/6.00 am. :cry
Benidorm is not one of my favourite places but when I was there I didn't feel vunerable at all at any time of day or night. Although there was a similar thread where someone said they felt a bit uneasy walking around Salou at night and I don't feel remotely vunerable there either. Now Luton on the other hand, thats a completely different story :rofl
been to benidorm 5 times 6th time commin up in june been with the family (wife&child) and also we the mates 2times never had any probbs walking home any were at any time have stayed in lavantie club app,rosmar,don pancho,royal and rialto so all parts and walked home at all hours no probbs just keep your wits about you and stay to the main rds and you will be ok
I have just walked from the centre of Benidorm to the area close to the bull ring. It was around 11:30 pm, and I didn't feel worried at all.
I've lived here 8 years now, and feel safe here at all times of the day and night (unlike my home town where I wouldn't dream of walking about late at night!). The only place tourists seem to avoid is the "Yellow Brick Road" (Calle Murcia) at night, although this area is well lit...
Got to agree with everyone i feel safe when in benidorm ive never had any problems myself what ever time i get home at been in carousel till 5 some mornings no prblems what so ever .. But i dont like the yellow brick road and thats the only reason i never went to tommys at new year because its very hard to get taxi back down to hotel in winter ..But walk up there and back in summer x mazza
it can be a bit scary if you are walking home to a hotel at 3 am alone , when your not on the busy streets .
I felt perfectly safe there, but as in all resorts in foreign countries, I would stick to well lit areas where there were others walking. In fact, just as I'd do in this country.
I/we have always felt safe in Benidorm.

You have to be sensible! same as anywhere else.

I find the area around the square can be a bit hectic
sometimes, I don't like feeling crowded! I also find the
PR's annoying trying to get you to go into the bars.

But I've never felt threatened.
Many thanks for all replies ,we have now booked for the Calypso hotel for april
Hi shrimper when in april you going .im going the 14th to the 21st staying at the ambassador hotel ..mazza
Hi mazza2112, we cross over, we leave the day you arrive
Oh well shrimper never mind you might enjoy it that much we might catch up with you another time.. mazza
My wife and I have been to Benidorm on numerous occasions,in fact we are going back in July for 2 weeks to the levante club hotel,I think this is our 14th time.I have always felt safe walking back to hotel,We have stayed in the pelicanos,flamingo benidorm and oasis,dalmatas,orange and ocas so we have stayed in different areas.We love benidorm and intend to go back on more occasions.
I find the area around the square can be a bit hectic
sometimes, I don't like feeling crowded! I also find the
PR's annoying trying to get you to go into the bars.

Ditto my friend. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.