Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
me and the wife went to sharm al hoilday 2 years ago and one night will went on naama bay very cheap it £15 a three course meal for 2 people ?a pint of lager 10 egpytian pound which in a pound in uk money and just planning to go back in july this year
Hi it all depends on where you eat and drink. Old Market is alot cheaper than Naama.
Cocktails and UK brand drinks in Hard Rock are quite expensive.
Ave price of a bottle of beer is about £2. The Pirates bar at Hilton Fayrouz on the prom has lager at 6pm for 6le, 7pm is 7le and so on until 10pm when it is 10le areound a £1. The Ghazala beach bar that is also here has buy one get one free cocktails between 6 and 9 and have a singer. You can get a steak meal for around £5 in Naama, Pizza from as little as under £2. Pasta dishes are very cheap. Onions at Il Mercato mall is very good and very reasonable but do not serve alcohol - we asked and took our own so we ate and drank out very cheaply.
Again it depends what trips you want to do see fun n sun sinai website and sharm excurzions for ideas of prices and shop around and haggle.
Drinks in hotels are dearer and expect to pay around £3 a bottle of beer in a devent hotel - the cheaper the hotel the cheaper the food and drink prices. International brands such as Smirnoff vodka will be around £4/5 a shot mark without coke which varies but around 50p can. Local brands are alot cheaper. The Mexican in Naama is reasonable and there is a place near Alf Lela called Columbus which is fairly cheap and huge portions. Hard Rock food is also alot cheaper than UK - burger, chips and salad around £3. The Egyptian restaurants are very cheap and tasty.
Thanks :thanks both for this info it gives me a good idea now of what I need to take..Really looking forward to it now..

Becky :pele
Your welcome and have a great time Becky.
Hi there
We went to Egypt for the first time 7th dec 2007 for 1 week
It all depends on what you want to do out there
In a week we spent £800 for 2 of us.
But we did go to Cairo by road
bought snorkelling gear x 2
went quad biking in the desert
ate out every night and had lunch most day's
went to old sharm by taxi

To be honest I expected a lot cheaper than it actually was, but we did go no holds bar not really taking much notice where we ate, just choose what we fancy.
But in my opinion thats what I like to do on holiday. As I work for it so I want the reward.
The pubs in nama bay charge around £2.50 - £3.00 for large beer never drank the spirits as I was been fair to the missus as she was on soft drinks with been pregnant.
When you are over there don't go to the high street supermarkets, there is one near mc'donalds on main road from airport you will see it when you arrive everything is really cheap there as it seems to be the Local's spa. rather than the tourist's.
if you want any advice on excursions I still have got all leaflets, don't hesitate to get in touch.
You should have a great time i know we did.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.