Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Free drinks for everyone on opening night then :cheers well done Ram :tup
Ram has some rather good news to share with everyone too

A new menu :rofl :rofl :rofl
i asked about the menu but apparently unchanged ....however was told the prices were also unchanged??? but it wasn't from the horses mouth!! :duh
chilly
you beat me to it meagain ;) yes our first (unofficial) meet!!!! all booked for us lot so lets see how many we can muster up!!! our table is at 13 so far not all HT'ers, but not a lucky number so lets improve on it!!!! any HT'ers out here please come along... :tup The carvery is looking lovely, new tiled floor throughout the pool/tandoori area ... new lighting, bar roof and lots of greenery everywhere... I met up with panda1 by chance last night, they arrived yesterday, so if you see this guys do come along tonight... some of meagains musician friends coming along to do a bit of jamming which should be great fun :tup
Chilly
Hi Chilly and Mke :wave:
Gonna come and see you on the 16th cant wait its been ages think we havnt seen you since Polls birthday :cry
Pat and Smudger2 :cheers :cheers
another great meet tonight and it was really good meeting two new HT'ers... in Goa for first time... ;) welcome Kazz999 and OH .... and also brill to see some old faces... brightonbell & her cousin, jubileepat and smudger.... :whoops well didnt mean OLD faces!!! ...and then of course some of the old diehards ..myself included!! plus the Dragons, meagain and OH, Stu, split and OH ....there was a great atmosphere at the carvery tonight and the food was really tasty... couldnt say about the booze :think

Chilly
Has anyone warned Ram to stock up on romonov, Lin is back. :sun2
I think he must know already there was a line of lorries unloadiing there this mornig :rofl :rofl :rofl
Been to two meets at the carvery felt very clicky!Only person who really bothered to make us feel welcome was Goonerfan (cheers mate).So won't be attending anymore.Thankyou
very sorry to hear that Zorba, i am shocked as in all the years i have been at the meets i have never heard a comment like that from anyone who has come along, in fact quite the reverse!

It obviously wasnt this year as Gooner fan hasnt been out to Goa yet this year, when was it you came along??? I know we always look out for new people on the night if they have 'added' themselves to the list on here and we endeavour to involve them and introduce them... so i dont know what happened in your case? sorry :(

Did you make yourself known to people? at the end of the day its a two way thing i guess but most new people say how friendly and welcoming everyone is... :que

Chilly
  • Edited by chilly 2012-01-07 12:33:07
I did not think Goonerfan came out last year and is not arriving until later this year, so when are you talking about Zorba

If it was this season I can only say sorry, us regulars do try to make sure we chat to new comers especially if Chilly is not there to do the greeting she is so good at
well i was made to feel welcome by mr and mrs dragon...really nice people....they were others there that i didnt speak to but im sure if i did then i dont think they would have ignored me..they seemed a genuine,nice bunch of people who have obviously become good friends over the years...im going to try my best to get back in april and if i do i will definately go to the carvery again..paul...oh and thanks for the advice as to where to get bags from dragon they went down well when i got back...
Will be out there from 18th Feb and will put Zorba's theory to the test!
As an aside - I noticed one of the posters mentioned that Beach Road is quiet - is that because of the lack of tourists?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.