Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
i have been admitted to ahu with a suspected appendicitus but in was just grumbling. they told me would be key hole surgery if i needed it and did the same as they doing fpr your husband observing to make sure operation is necassary. it is true after a appendix operation you can not fly for 2 weeks.
hope he feels better soon and if i can be any hellp dont hesitate to ask.

sarah
hi ellie i went to ahu hetman hospital with severe stomach pains and nausea within minutes i had bloods taken and a scan. i was operated on the next morning. they removed my appendix and even showed it to me there was no doubt it looked ready to burst. i had key hole surgery and have no scar.was kept in over night and flew home 1 week later. the care was excellent. i must admit i dont know what the care would be like if i had no insurance.it is a priority to check you have passport, insurance and no pre existing health problems
i attended the out patients department 3 times and was always seen immediately
hope your hubby is sorted soon let us know how he goes on
thanks everyone that is very reassuring, ill keep up all updated on his progress

1 things for sure hes going to lose a lot of weight as hes not allowed to eat much and he had lost 2 stone a few mths ago so doesnt need to lose any more grrr

karen
Hi Karen,

Only just seem this and haven't read your pm yet.
Reading all the other posts it sounds like the hospital is sound and if your Insurance are covering everything seems like you have no other option but to stay and take the hospitls advice. Chelsea Boy likes there so I am sure he knows all about the hospital and I would imagine they deal with lots of holidaymakers who get poorly.

What dreadful luck for you. :( I hope it works out and he starts to feel better soon, don't really see how you could come home for treatment really if he is very ill, also they probably wont let him fly anyway. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Lucky you have your Mum to stay with. Sending you all :ghug
hi Ellie - Meg - sorry to hear of your problems. My son had his appendix out a couple of years ago, & they had thought about doing keyhole surgery. In the end he had the op the normal way,but it obviously must be possible for some patients. You are indeed very lucky in having your mum out there. You don't have the extra burden of looking for accommodation during a busy holiday period. Hope things pick up soon for you.
yes if it had to happen at all this was the best place with my mother living here to help

been to see him tonight no changes , insurance co rang whilst i was there and said they dont have any release dates and hospital is contacting them on mon as they have skeleton staff on sundays , so looks like we will have to wait to mon now to find out whats going on, hes not allowed to eat much and still attached to 2 drips, fingers crossed his appendix calms down so he wont need an op
o ellie meg ive been reading this and even tho i dont have any info on the hospital i am still concerend for you all.
all my best wishes for a speedy and troublefree recovery
hilda
the worst thing about the hospital is the Tv channels... very limited and only bbc world in English....before the righteous start wailing about it being Turkey.... this is a hospital that has a vast british speaking clientele .....good luck ellie with"Him indoors" and keep him upto date with the ashes!
Sorry to hear about your problems Ellie .I think you will find they dont want to let him out in case he does have apendicitus ,if he leaves hospital and the apendix bursts then it could turn in to peritinitus which is about the worst that can happen with the apendix . I am sure they will take good care of him .
Chin Up both of you. :tup :wave:

Bluepeterno1 Sorry if the medical spelling is wrong.
As everyone says, best wishes for a quick recovery for your hubby. I can imagine one of the worst things is the waiting around so hopefully whatever they are going to do tomorrow they will do it quickly so he can start recovering and be nearer to coming home. I read on another topic that you are going back in Oct, so it obviously hasn't put you off! Good luck for tomorrow. :)
they have let him out this after with medication and special diet and he looks terrible, in pain still and so thin and gaunt and cant walk very well and they have said hes fit to fly now :que they have got to be joking he couldnt pick up a case never mind sit around airports etc for hours hes still really ill, so i can see us having to pay for return flights if they insist he comes home tom :duh
ellie_meg,

Great news he's out of hospital. If you don't think he's fit to fly, maybe it's worth getting a second opinion then leaving it a couple of days until he feels up to travelling? The airline you are travelling with will probably want to see a doctors note to say he's fit for travel but even so, if he doesn't feel up to it it's best to leave it for a couple of days.

Darren
Just seen this thread. Sorry to hear about your man's problems. I hope he's starting to feel better. I've only had one experience with a Turkish hospital but was very impressed. Good luck and keep us posted.
:ghug
Demand a fit to fly certificate , it will go on your insurance bill , also your insurance should pay for your flights home( phone them) with your hubby having leg room even 2 seats , my wife was in this hospital in June and they gave her a fit to fly cert , we managed to catch our own flights home , seems strange that they have let him out so poorly i hope he recovers soon fingers crossed .
By the way we wasnt impressed by this hospital but thats another story .
Oh karen . I've just returned from turkey myself tonight and only just seen this :ghug

I know it's good news that they have discharged him but it doesnt sound like he is ready to fly home yet .

Is it possible that the hospital/insurance company will give him special assistance to get him home . I dont like the sound of him making a go if that journeywithout extra help.

lyn x
lyn my mother said the same, he couldnt pick up these heavy cases and ive got a bad back so we will struggle, going to wait and see what insurance say when they ring me today, its not costing them any more us staying here as im staying at my mothers house so really cant see what the problem would be but you know insurances they stick to their guide lines rigid grr.

hospital said there will give us a fit to fly cert once insurance book flights and they get a confirmed date and time only :think

if they start being difficult i would rather pay myself when i know hes fit its not worth the risk before hand, hes only allowed to eat dry bread, plain rice, pots and pasta, so he feels weak and doing everything very slowly, i think hes going to take a few days to get over this
hospital said there will give us a fit to fly cert once insurance book flights and they get a confirmed date and time only

So they definitely think he is fit to fly? Perhaps if he can get on the plane he might be better off at home.
Re cases- can mum and dad not help? Once you have checked them in then there isn't surely going to be a problem? At the other end, enlist the help of a strong man nearby to lift them off the belt and on to the trolley.
yes they have said he can fly after today, but to be honest he can hardly walk, ive just walked to the shop with him about 200 meters away and he had to stop at bus stop on route and sit down for 5 mins and that was walking at the pace of a 90 yr old grr.

not heard from insurance yet i will be happy to go once i know hes been ok here for about 3 days cos appendix can be very dangerous and they told him at the hospital theres a high chance it will flare up again grr. its the hanging around airports even when your well it takes it out of you and the pressure on the plane isnt good if you have bad stomach problems, hopefully by thurs he will be a lot better
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.