Just come back from Hurghada. As I had booked DIY I decided to get my family the Airport early on the return leg to beat the coaches and hoardes of "packagers".

In doing so I had a couple of hours to kill in the Departure lounge. I decided to sit alongside the x-ray / security check part of the airport and watch what goes on.

What I saw just left me spellbound within about 30 minutes I noticed at least a dozen people having knives of various different sizes and types confiscated, lost count of the amount of women who had not checked there cosmetics bag for various offending items.

What was refreshing though was the majority of the people were either eastern block or Germans and most of the Russians who had items confiscated had to be asked to clear the area as they were unwilling to give the items up.
It appears the message is getting through with Brits as very few were stopped at all

Not meant to come across as a Zenophobic post , but some people obviously do not own a television or read the papers to know how air travel has changed.

At least you know they are definately on the ball at this airport.