Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I laughed at this - same happened with Hubby on final security clearance before terminal duty free etc. two weeks ago He was frisked down and the guy said ' what is this metal in your pocket let me see' . English loose change says hubby showing him the four pounds a little copper, .............. 'ahha not anymore it is not loose I have it well tied down now and removed the pound coins into his owj pocket........... my h usband was to shocked and secretly amused to say anything :que :que
Tell me about the toilets!!. Luckily I had my daughter with me who takes no nonsense, the women held out her hand for money and was quite loud when I said no, Kerry politely told her where to go and that was the end of it. Another person who was on the same flight as us went and the attendant tried to take a £10 note out of her purse can you believe. Thankfully she had heard our tail and again told her where to go!. I think you just have to stand your ground and say a firm NO.
The moral of the story here is to go before you land!!!!!! Its the same everywhere in Egypt... it even happened in the Sheraton in Luxor when my hubbie went to the toilet in reception and man handed him some paper looking for a tip!!! At Luxor we had to wrestle for our case, as the 'porters' were looking for work!!!
That is a good idea Ellie only trouble with us was we were waiting to come home and had no choice.

Sue
We had several run ins with peopel at Hurghada airport.firstly, the security guards right at the very very last check point right next to all the shops in the departure lounge decided that he did not like our decorative hubbly bubbly pipe and stripped it out of all of it's packaging, removed a couple of bits and then decided to send us right the way back to the beginning to check in again and place the pipe in the aircraft hold..despite being told by them that we were ok to take it as hand luggage...so the kids got well stressed, we had to leave them with some others in our party who were through and then we had to check in all over again....and then what did we see for sale absolutely everywhere and how many people had carried them through security..loads of hubbly bubbly pipes...why pick on us :que and of course while all the guards were chuntering at us they were not paying any attention at all to the little screen monitors and chuff knows what was smuggled past... :duh

The woman at the toilet wanted to take £5 off me to allow me to have some tissue to dry my hands after washing them..I told her where to get off and dried them on my jeans!

When we went to get something to eat and drink for the kids...they wanted us to pay for the food and then pay separately for the drinks..ok that is fine..it does happen..but it was a case of re-joining the same queue to pay the same guy at the same till, by which time the vastly over priced slop passing for food has gone cold anyway and it not edible!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.