Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hurghada
9 Posts
where abouts are you staying Tango?

Downtown Hurghada is quite run down (well typical chaos really, alot of unfinished building work etc) but there is plenty to see and do. Lots of shops/bars/restaurants/tat shops etc.

Most hotels are away from this area though. depending on where you are, you can either walk in or get a taxi quite cheaply.
I'm staying in The Sunrise Holiday Resort which according to TA is on Corniche Road | Touristic Center, Hurghada 185, Egypt ...I'm hoping that's the modern bit
The Sunrise resort is near Sekala which is down town Hurghada.
Its also near the marina.
The newer part is a bus or taxi ride south and is where we stayed.
Have you looked on Goggle earth?
No I haven't looked on Google earth....I did find an interactive Hurghada website which was quite informative....it didn't look as if it was that far to walk from the hotel to the marina which I uspect is where we'll spend most evenings
Thomas Cook had a quiz night in a bar there which was popular with holiday makers.I cant remember the name of the place but it is fairly new and served lovely food.It was just at the entrance of the Marina.
Its lovely there and Sekalla is very interesting with plenty of shops.
If we go back the Sunrise Resort hotel is where we would stay because of its excellent reviews. :tup
I think your refering to Papas bar. Has big screen for footie as well. ;)
The marina area is very nice.
Thanks everyone...now all I have to do is pay for it....simples....apparently not see my Imperial Travel thread
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.