General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Hurricane Bertha
23 Posts
Nope, just in from a shout and dawn is just breaking and it is currently a lovely morning :tup
Nothing here yet either Graham. BBC say it's to waft our way later today. Was really warm last night though.
Really warm in the garden, sunny, not windy but clouds up high are moving fast
Started raining in Cardiff late yesterday afternoon....and its still raining!! :duh
Looking mighty grey in the Essex/London borders with torrential rain at the moment. Can't really see much cloud movement at present.
been sunny in Aberdeen but a few grey clouds now
Stopped here in Cardiff.......for ~ 15 minutes.........now chucking it down AGAIN :cry
Near Preston it's been raining in varying measures for the last few hours. Not windy though.
Woke me up around 4 this morning here in West London, stopped about half an hour ago (hopefully!)
We now have some very light rain, not even enough to move the leaves on the trees and there isn't a puff of wind.
It's fair dinging doon! :D
Not much chance of seeing the supermoon or the meteors tonight! :(
All we had was a lot of light rain from about 1pm till 9pm. No wind (parp), or thunder. Not too bad at all......a bit disappointed really as I love a good storm. :tup
It blew hard yesterday evening here in Cardiff -but the rain stopped -HOWEVER - its absolutely pouring now -my patio is underwater!!
Pored down here all day yesterday then the wind arrived late afternoon still blowing this morning no damage but the garden is looking in a sorry state plants flatened and pots blown ove.
Bit of a hooley last night and still pretty windy today. It was one of the mornings when I opened to curtains wondering if any of the trees in the wood at the bottom of our garden had blown down. But it was ok although a couple of climbers against the fence have come to grief. I am sure there will be flooding in some areas but we are on a hill, thank goodness.
Well Bertha finally arrived in the night - the power went off at some point in the early hours and I now need to get around to re-setting all the electric/digital clocks in the house. It's only when something like this happens that I realise just how many of them there are! Rain seems to have eased but it is still very windy and I haven't ventured out yet to check for damage. The strong winds last weekend brought down a very large bough that accounted for around a third of the top growth from the plum tree so hoping that the rest of it is still standing and hasn't been brought down this weekend!

SM
Blimey apart from some slight and I do mean slight smirry rain there has been nothing here, oh and just the slightest of gentle breeze today.
Sunny today but quite windy would have been a great drying day but didn't dare risk the clothes ending up on some poor passerby's head.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.