Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Debs I think it's worth a trip. We do it by bus. A couple of days is long enough for me I miss the buzz of the North. We usually go just after new year and find a place to stay once we arrive though this year we are planning to go for NYE so may try and book somewhere before we go.
We think its worth the trip too. Went last year for the first time, spent 3 days there Xmas week. Will definately go again, hopefully for a week next time.
Brenliz did you book in advance? We are thinking about going down for 3 days over New Year but the prices we have been quoted so far have been rather high compared to what we are paying in Candolim. Just wondering if we should just try for somewhere once we get there.
Sorry for delay Nejulie, just returned from Turkey. Yes we did book in advance as we found most places wouldn't take bookings for less than a week at Xmas. Whilst there we did try to book for 2 nights this Xmas again but they were reluctant to book for 2 nights Xmas week and told us to ring them when we get to Goa to see what the situation is.
Cheers Brenliz hope you had a good holiday in Turkey we were there in July a distant memory now.

I've tried a few more places and the one that would take a 3 day booking wanted 4500 a night. We really fancied going down for new year but think we will just hop on a bus down on the 30th and see If we can find something if not well its a day out :)
Yes we had a great time, booking to go back next year. Not a cloud to be seen for 2 weeks, unlike here. I am sure you will find somewhere to stay, there is lots of accommodation for the amount of people that seem to be around. I suppose they are entitled to try their luck with the high prices.
HI we stay down South in Varca away from the north madness that we visited for 12 years. We still enjoy getting away from it all and go to Agonda for 2 nights every year. Last time took friends who are already nagging to come with us again this year. Its a real fun experience and wonderful to lay in bed listening to the waves crashing on the shore. We stay at Madhu huts and over the years have got to know and repect Sherkar.who also has a wonderful restaraunt. Hope you choose to go.
:) :offtop
Good to see you back on HT goanluv
Agonda is just beautiful and so peaceful!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.