General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Martyn, all you've got to do is turn yourself into Alan Whicker!
Well, it is slinging it down here..and I mean slinging it down..and i had a text from my mates who are over in Gozo right now. We were with them this time last year..and they have just been telling me about the wonderful feasts of St. Lawrenz and the start of the Victoria feast that we have missed.

Now I am saying "this time last year..." becuase we saw them both last year and they were awesome.
I no exactly what you mean,this year we couldn't decide between Cyprus or Ibiza.Finally decided on Ibiza.Had a brilliant time,but the last 2 days we were on a proper downer. :cry We've been back 2 weeks and to help get over the blues I've just booked to go to Ayia Napa on the 13th September,best medicine going :tup :tup
Can I join the post-holiday depression club- think I qualify. Returned from sunny Crete on Sunday and it already feels like months ago. I've just finished the washing and ironing and had to dry everything in the dryer and on the radiators, depressing in 2 ways - pelting rain and extortionate electric bill. The only consolation that it's still summer is the Olympic Games on telly, which I love.

Just been out and it was horrible to have to get out my raincoat and umbrella when only 4 days ago I was trying to cool off in the pool in my bikini. I've already started the countdown for next Summer's hol which I booked about a fortnight before going this year. Roll on 5th Aug 2009.
i think we all feel like that at the moment. how depressing it is to think that we all could be somewhere else but instead we're here. as you said Shirley H, a few days ago you were in the pool trying to cool off.. to me - thinking like that is something of a regular thing that occurs in the first few weeks let alone days of returning from a fantastic holiday.. im still not over the thinking a few weeks ago i was on a cruise ship, now im back in Wales with the (not so) fabulous weather!!

:cry
I think it's generally worse this year because of the appalling weather at the moment. It wouldn't be too bad if the sun shone.
We went on hols this year in May to Turkey, the earliest we've ever been away. I will never go this early again, unless I can go again later in the year. It wouldn't have been so bad if the weather was nice here, but all we've had is rain. I feel like I haven't even been away this year!!! We are going for a long weekend to cornwall on Sept 26th but the weather will probably still be the same! :(
Marlow thats how i feel too, i like to have our hol near to the end of the summer- august/sept time so that way we can look forward to it 4 longer! lol even though it seems ages for it to come round and its depressing when everyones goin on their hols before you, but then i can go and theyve already had theirs and im still looking forward to ours lol.
only thing is trying not to wear the new clothes ive brought before we go!
ive been at uni the last 2 1/2 yrs so have had to go in August but finish at chrsitmas and will start my first proper job! hopefully not long after qualifying so will have more choice of when to holiday then (well i hope lol) think we might go for either end july time or maybe begining sept depending on prices too.
were off to crete next week! sorry everyone, but i will feel the same as all you when we get back too, but i dont want to think about that yet!
I'm so depressed after coming back from Crete to this lousy weather that I've been looking for somewhere to go over the Bank Holiday Weekend. No luck so far as everything seems to be fully booked, and we don't want to go far. More depressing is the thought that even if I find somewhere, I've put so much weight on in 2 weeks that I'll have nothing to wear :rofl
Got back from Crete a week ago (early hours Wed 13th) and managed to squeeze enough sunshine into my suitcase to last until Sat, so at least I got my washing dry! Been stuck in the house all this week, watching the rain, and have now booked to go to Fuerteventura next Easter just to console myself and have something to look forward to! Actually looking forward to going back to work on 1st Sept, just to make the time go a bit quicker!
I got back from Spain on Saturday and have felt thouroughly miserable since. But after watching the terrible plane crash in Madrid today has put things back in perspective to me and how lucky I am. OK, its wet and miserable but least I'm home safe and sound. RIP to all those who lost their lives.
echo that mark, 149 lives lost on that plane at the last count, terrible,maybe they were going on there holidays, who knows, but at least we are all home safe and sound after our great holidays.
feel a bit bad now complaining about coming home from my hols !
It's tragic that news isn't it? So very sad.
God rest their souls and give strength to their poor families.

(I must admit, thats my worst fear when we are travelling as a family.
And even though I'm not very religious, I always say a quiet prayer asking that
if we have to crash can it be on the way home....Is that sick?)
no milly, I always say the same thing, we gotta go as a family after a fantastic holiday, no way could I lose my hubby or baby girl other than with me, so maybe thats selfish.
No, Juby, thinking about it - seriously for once - (got my *serious head on now)
I don't think it's selfish at all.
given the severity of the incident in Madrid, i think its not unreasonable to be thinking like this. its times like these that make us think what we've got.
Im getting depressed wondering about the next holiday, when we have not been on the recent one in 4 days :(

My hubby is in the construction industry which is very iffy at the mo.

We have talked about camping next year, but i dont feel so enthusiastic about as a week or 2 in the sun. Dont get me wrong, I love camping if the weather is dry and sunny, but after previous experiences in horrendous weather, I know were Id rather be :tup

Hoping for London in April, Gran Canaria or Santorini in Aug/sept.

Lets hope things pick up for everybody, as it looks like we will all be curling up with duvets and hot water bottles this winter the way energy bills are rising :yikes
Lets hope things pick up soon!!
totally agree, although the camping, for me doesnt appeal!! personally camping is not one of my travel likes. it is depressing thinking about the way bills are rising and wondering wether we can afford a holiday next time round.. but is it really as bad as to cut back on luxuries?? just have to wait and see..

but why depress ourselves?? we might soon find that things pick up.

here's hoping!

Martyn
:cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.