General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Always Juby !!

I could cry every time I leave my beloved Cyprus...and usually do :cry

Your spot on about when you get back though, people always ask me once I'm home "did you have a good hol" and I can honestly say yes I did but after 2 days back at work and in excess of 300+ emails and numerous voicemails the holiday is a distant memory !

So depressing, but the only way out of it for me is to book again ASAP, I'm lucky that I get away for 4 holidays a year every year plus a couple of European city breaks, but I'm not so sure that's too good for my depressive state as it just means I feel like that more often :duh

And what's wrong with "skinheads on a raft" for dinner every night :rofl
Im just the same, but being a single parent to 3 girls, it takes me a whole year, research it, book it, pay for it...roll on october when i will be back in marmaris, and while im away i normally sit there during the last day or 2 planning for next october... :cheers
always hate coming home :(
hey, misschief, you lucky thing !! 4 hols a year, fantastic, mate, we manage two, and, trust me, if work and financies allowed, it would be way more !!!!
yeah, you're so right, skinheads on a raft is a great staple diet !! if only spam wasn't so expensive ......................................
seriously though, the tan is fading, as are the memories, thank god for digital cameras !
thats so the key, book something as soon as you get back so you have something to look forward to, thats my mission this weekend.
don't get me wrong, I have a great life here in the lake district, I have a job I love and a great house, great friends and family, but my holidays are so very important to me, so, am gonna crack on with my research this weekend !
I live for my hols and feel very lucky to have 3 a year. Im on every holiday website going looking for the next bargain. Has to be a good deal so I can spread the cost.
Usually have a couple booked to look forward to because when normal reality returns and we are back home it seems a distant dream.
I know theres no place like home but we all need something to look forward to.
The trick is to do what we do.....we're only lucky enough to have 1 holiday per year, we're off to Ibiza in 29 sleeps however we've had this holiday booked since before we went to Rhodes last year :tup

That way, as soon as we got back from Rhodes we already had something to look forward to this year.

We have 4 weeks to go to book up for next year....best get looking.
I'm horrible when I come home off my holidays. :cry

Hubby says with the credit crunch we may not be able to have a holiday next year! :yikes

Well, I've got news for him... ;)
(So, if you come on here and read this my love....
be aware of what you are letting yourself in for! :haha )
We book our holidays as soon as they're released in the April/May for the following year. So, we always have the following holiday sorted after we get back from the current one. It means we get free child places and have about 16 months to save and pay for it.

I find this keeps me sane and I tend not to get too depressed as I know I'm definately going away next year.

I wish we could afford 2 holidays a year, never mind 4! One day maybe when the kids are a bit older but at the moment my 2 teenage boys and 7 year old daughter take up a lot of the excess cash, not that there's much excess I may add.

Emma
I agree. Coming home is horrible.

I'm lucky at the mo in that I have several holidays to Spain as I'm trying to go every 2-3 months, as my boyfriend is Spanish so lives over there. However coming home is even worse now as it means that I won't see him for at least two months plus I have to go to work as well. So I feel doubly depressed. :cry (Could have done with a smilie with a violin!!)

Louise
I'm lucky if I get 1 holiday a year as it takes us a year to pay and save for our hols, my husband says we might not be able to go away next year as he wants to do all the house :( , so I will just have to keep nagging him and hopefully he will give in, fair enough the house is to an extent more important but I have to have my hols :D , and if I don't get away next year I will certainly be depressed :cry , just have to wait and see what happens.
I hate leaving Malta and Gozo..I hate leaving the Canary Islands..and I hate leaving behind the scuba diving of Egypt..I know that when I get back home I have a mountain of washing and ironing to tackle and then it is straight back to the grindstone to try and save up for another holiday.

We wont get a holiday until March 09 at the earliest and even then it will take some serious saving up.
:tongue to the credit crunch!! As others have said we usually book as the brochures come out so you always have a holiday to look forward to. However this year with Hubby's job being insecure we can't take the risk, so when we go on Sunday I know there are no hols to look forward to after that :( Excited about going but mixed feeling all the same as I don't know when our next fortnight of R&R in the sun will happen- once we've been, nothing to look forward to, just the memories to look back on (but very glad to have those!!). Could be getting the tent out for 2009.

Pam :cheers
Louise 225......just for you :tup Sorry Louise.........it's been removed :duh :duh

** Edit - sorry, but we don't allow the use of outside emoticons on the forums :( luci HT Mod **
I, too, hate coming home from a brilliant holiday. I said to my OH yesterday, "I've found a really nice hotel, B&B, only £400 each, what do you think?" "Oh, no, I think," she replied, "I'd much rather go to Cornwall for a fortnight!" Now, I checked the prices, added on petrol, etc. and it's a damn sight more than she thinks! They sting you over here, extra for this, extra for that and you don't even get maid service or towels. Not only that, I'll be driving everywhere, so I can't drink. I don't like it one little bit.
I'll just bide my time, and then come back to it in September.
Hi me to i get really depressed usually starts when i am packing my suitcases on my last morning ready to come home and then thinking about being back in a cold wet england on the plane makes it even worse and then when you land and its pi***ng it down i could cry. I always find it really hard to get back into work the first week aswell as my mind is wherever i have just come back from. Usually have the brochures out looking for our next holiday a few days after we get back aswell just to ease the pain. :cry
I used to go into a deep depression when I got back from hols and was in a foul mood at work for the next 2-3 weeks.

I must admit it is a lot better now as we usually have another holiday booked and in the pipeline so I always have a countdown on the go.

luci :wave
I hate coming back coz it usually means a big BIG reality check!

Last time I landed at Manchester last month I had to suffer a temperature drop of well over 20 degrees..and we have landed before when it has been over 100 degrees 4 hours previously and then SNOW at East Mids..and then we go back home etc....us poor Brits eh?

Still, if we had it good all the time we might not appreciate those hard earned holidays.
Just going through the same problem ourselves today, after a fab 2 weeks in brazil.... :cry never mind next hols to look forward to now.. :sun2 :cheers

Eifion.
its torture,
i've often found myself daydreaming and thinking, what would i be doing if i was there now?? I have also thought before now, that 4 hours ago i was in Tenerife or some other fantastic holiday place and now look where i am - wet Wales / england!! - It does nothing for your sanity!!! and when you start talking to yourself, people think your off your head!! - all for thinking about holidays!!! and it depresses you even more!! but at least you know that when your at home, you can book another one. just a shame most of us have to save for it. wouldnt it be fantastic to just land at a UK airport, and a few days later go on holiday again?? the thought of thinking that just sends me insane!! (im nearly there now!)
ooooh to be able to travel all the time!!

:tongue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.