Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I've done it...
26 Posts
Thats brilliant Ruth . Well done to you . I was just reading about your scary moment on the KTHY thread .

For protection you did pay by credit card didnt you ;)
Yes I did. Just hope all goes well from now until then...

Was it you whose family has used KTHY before? How were the flights?

Oh damn, now you got me worried incase the company goes bust or something... blimey!

Eek!
And you have sorted out travel insurance haven't you?

luci :wave
Er no not yet, do I need to do that now everm though we travel in June 2010?

Sorry not sure how that works really, thanks Lucy.
Absolutely you have to take out travel insurance as soon as you book your holiday. If anything happened between now and the date of travel, such as an accident or serious unexpected illness which caused you to cancel, you would lose everything you have paid for without insurance.

The web is littered with people who were going to do it "nearer the time" :que , but either them or a close relative was struck down with a terminal illness and they lost everything.

You can get some suggestions on Page 1 of the Travel Insurance topic at the top of the General Holiday Enquiries forum.

Was it you whose family has used KTHY before? How were the flights?

Yes it is Ruth . Unfortunately they had a huge delay on the way back a couple of weeks ago for which he is making a claim but my nephew says that hasnt put him off . He says the flights are good , they were excellent when he wanted to change his flight with no extra charge , meals on the plane etc and most importantly they have been a good price .

There is always a risk with flight operators in the current climate but I believe they are a national airline for northern cyprus so no doubt they have some kind of government backup .
Thanks Luci, I will get some booked for us, better being safe than sorry I guess.

Oh delay's, that not sounding good, but I guess that it's out of our control and ever air line won't want delay's due to cost implications. Fingers crossed all works out well.X
a delay can't normally be helped if your plane goes tech no risks will be taken
better safe than sorry i always say :sun2
Yeah i agree with you, I am just saying that they won't just deplay for no reason, not in their interest really.

I just hope all stay's 'afloat' until I embark on my first DIY... feel pleased with my little self I do!!
great value airline last time we flew with them in may there was only 35 of us really spooky :sun2
it was early in the season its great loads of leg room food was ok and we had free drinks ( not sure weather thats normal or not but i did not complain :sun2 don't worry all will be fine
can i ask you,what apartment,you have booked,as i am looking for next year & still haven't decided.
one by the sea,sounds ideal :tup
thanks
tracy
We have flown with them, but this was a few years ago, they were fine - no problems at all. At that time we had booked through Anatolian Sky who are a very good Tour Operator, so I don't think they would choose an airline that were second-rate. I've also read on this forum that their seat pitch (leg room) is 32" and standard is 28", so for anyone tall that must be a bonus!
Ah thanks for that, I suppose I should just relax and stop stressing about a holiday which is going to happen in June 2010.

Tracy99 - I have PM'd you re the apartments. Unsure if I can guve details on forum or not.

Thanks everybody,
Ruth x
Have you managed to get insurance sorted out?

No not yet, I know, I will do it over the weekend over the phone.

Don't spanke me!! :rofl
i,ve just done it too 3 weeks august 4th next year staying at the rosy apartments 2 adults 10yr old and 15yr old £972 all in
Hi Ruth - which apartments are you staying at in Icmeler?

I presume HT's are booking DIYs with Icmeleronline still ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.