Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
I've added this hotel to our review site. If anyone has stayed here please add your review:- http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

Many thanks :tup
Hi Flannel, Aslemma brought your post to my attention, so hopefully i can give you a little info. We actually live in Mahdia for half of each year but don't stay in Royal Mansour, but were there for 3 days in December. I have stayed in all the 5 star hotels in the town and this is the best. A newly renovated hotel and beautiful - and just on the edge of the town so within walking distance of the Laundrette (!) the Carrefour supermarket and the lovely Machmoun coffee bar opposite. The hotel itself is lovely - has a huge imposing foyer and excellent friendly staff on reception. there are several lounges on the ground floor. A couple of bars.
The rooms are bigger than many and nicely furnishes with the usual basic hotel furniture and flat screen TV - but not much English on that except for the news, but hopefully you will be out enjoying the very hot weather whilst you are there! The rooms facing the sea and beautiful pool area don't get the sun in the afternoon but have a superb view and I'd plump for one of them as it WILL be hot. The ones at the other side have the sun in the afternoon and a view of the town and it will be every entertaining for anyone who has one of those as you will have perfect views of the chaotic driving Tunisian style! There are 3 outdoor pools and 1 indoor one.
The restaurant serves excellent food - just remember that if you haven't been to Tunisia before, you will not get a vast range of food, but that that you will get is excellent quality. Breakfast buffets are salads, salamis, cheeses, preserves etc, lots of different breads, freshly made pancakes and donuts, freshly cooked eggs, in whatever style you want - and a few Tunisian dishes. (the Tunisian dish of tomato, green peppers and eggs is to die for ) We love the salads and vegetables in Tunisia - superb. All main meals will have a choice of at least 2 soups, numerous salads, cheeses, salamis, cold fish, at least 2 meats, chicken, fish, and Tunisian specialities. The deserts are usually mini cakes and mousses also ice creams and a good range of fruit in season. I know that I've missed lots out, but you get the general idea.
I an sure that you will be happy at the Royal Mansour but if you need any more specific info just let me know.
If you haven't been to Mahdia before there is a review on mine here http://www.nomarmiteintunisia.co.uk/mahdia.htm
All best wishes and have a lovely holiday xx
You won't accept my review directly as i live in Tunisia, but Kiltman can vouch for me, so you can paste off my answer if you wish to add to the reviews. xx
wow jenny thanks! really appreciate that and im so excited never been tunisia before i wanted to go last year but changed mind with the riots at the time.
i will ask for a sea view i think, i really really cant wait! :D

thanks again!
Hi flannel, i have sent you a private message re some private photos of the hotel xx
Jenny you may add your review as we approve them and it's us who don't allow posts from the countries where the hotel is situated as we can see the ip. It'll be best if you add as you can give ratings etc.

Many thanks
Have posted Gylnis - will let you know if I get a rejection! :) :) xx
Hi jennyfrank ... many thanks. No rejection, your hotel review now appears on this page:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/
and your resort report on this page:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/tunisia/mahdia/

David :wave
hi jenny i have had a look at the pictures thanks so much was really nice of you and it looks gorgeous! think i have made a good choice :) xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.