Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
I don't know whether you visited the adjoining hotels Paraiso Del Mar/Beach while you were staying at the Lindo/Maya but these hotels are similar in style and facilities to the Tucan/Quetzal. The Tucan seems smaller than the Lindo/Maya and has much more of an enclosed 'jungle' location. The advantage of the Tucan/Quetzal could well be that its location near to Playa del Carmen if you prefer to be nearer shops, bars, restaurants etc. I read quite recently on one of the Playa forums that the Tucan has suffered with some bad beach erosion this year to the extent that some of the beachfront rooms were unable to be used and the pics were quite shocking. This may be worth checking out before you make a decision if using the beach is important to you!

We have stayed at the Del Mar 4 times and the Lindo and Maya once each and are off to the Grand in October. We have visited the Tucan but much preferred the Paraiso Resort with its' extensive facilities.

Hope this helps, Cazz
Unfortunately, we dont have any reviews for this year, for both the Tucan and Quetzal.

If anyone has stayed at any Mexican hotels, please add you reviews on them HERE

Thank you.

Kath x
We loved the Tucan, we went last year and the beach was a problem, so if it's got even worse this year it's a real shame. I love to swim in the sea and the drop off from the beach was so bad that the one time I ventured in, I very nearly couldn't get back out again!
If the beach is a priority, I would check on Trip advisor and ask about all the hotels on that stretch of beach, it didn't really spoil our holiday but it was a disappointment.
The tucan and quetzal are lovely, the Japanese restaurant was superb and the setting is stunning - I felt very sorry for the huge tortoise in the concrete pen though, I don't know why it can't have a big section of garden to live in, it made me quite upset to see it stuck in there all alone.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.