Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi ya doghead
1st club orka is not in hisaronu it is in ovacik which is about 10 mins by dolmus from the centre of hisaronu village this is not to say there is nothing around the orka because there are bars and restaurants all the way into hisaronu or into fethiye
orka is a fine hotel and im quite sure you would really enjoy it there try and read some of the reviews
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/turkey/dalaman-region/olu-deniz/club-orka-hotel-and-villas/
:sun2
Icmeler is a much nicer resort than Hisaronu,which is a few streets with bars and restaurants,inland from Olu Deniz.You would have to get a bus or taxi to go to the beach.
Icmeler is on the beach and has lots of very reasonable restaurants.
I think the Club Aquarium is in the old village which is nice and quiet at the foot of the mountains.
Every one has their favourite resort but Icmeler seems to attract people back year after year.
Having stayed in both resort's I have to say I found Icemeler to be cheaper spent nearly twice as much in Hisaronu
I have to agree, Icmeler would be my choice, much more going on, handy for beach.
The old town is nice and quiet but has its own set of bars so if you dont fancy going into town every night you will be fine.

Hisaronu has gone down hill in later years, yes you would have to get dollmus to the beach but that is really no problem because when you get there its beautiful as long as you head for the lagoon and not the main town beach.

We had a look at the Okra and it looks pretty good, not far into town, pleasent walk.
i loved hissarono i thought it was great for children with play areas and bouncy castles, small fun fair and go carts, i found this resort cheaper than icmellor, and the rise to olu deniz a grat way to spend a day. we were in oviack with a private appartment so didnt need to go out every day for food etc. our appartment was very close to the orca and there always seemed to something going on there theme nights etc. across the road there is a small hotel with a nice pool with slides which my grandaughter loved. just up the road is a bigger water park.
i think i said before on a prevoius post we are all here to help and advise but all have our favorite parts of turkey and having visted most there is always something for everyone, this is a vast country stepped in history and as with the uk many different regions with different customs so research till you are ready then enjoy :sun2
I prefer a place that is not too reminiscent of 'home' i don't want donkeys on the beach, funfair etc. Icmeler has the right mix, Turkish dancers, little haunts that are truly 'Turkish' but enough entertainment IF you want it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.