Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hiya! Have you looked at Fred Olsens website? I know they do have single cabins on some of their ships, as I was thinking of using them myself. They have several itineraries for next summer leaving from a variety of UK towns.

HTH :)
Thanks will have a look, I plan to quiz my friend on her return from France as think she did a cruise to Norway last year.
Some great looking/sounding cruises but single supplements are awful!

For example on P&O site around £800 for parents yet £1400 for me :yikes knew it would be bad but still a shock to see it! Do wish these ships had a few cabins with a single bed in rather than charging you for a twin/double.

Will suss out what everyone thinks at some stage in the not too distant future!
The Island Escape did have single cabins, but of course you would need to fly to pick up. Already mentioned Fred Olsen, was looking into that for myself - cruising is wonderful but can be pricey if you are in a cabin alone.
Have you thought about all sharing one cabin? You can get 3 and 4 berth cabins and instead of paying a huge supplement for a single, you would get a big reduction on the third person's price. Maybe a big enough saving to go up to say a mini-suite for extra room.
Il remember the Island escape for future hols thanks, if just me going but Mum cant fly if we all go so need to leave from Southampton.

No we would not be able to share, Im in my mid 30's and dont think Ive shared with my parents since I was about 10 now so will need 2 cabins - Im so use to having my own room on holidays Il have to pay the single supplement.

I was thinking I must suss out the differences with the cabins - parents might want an outside cabin, Mum will not want a balcony I know that but not sure if they would want outside or not? Im fine with inside one but would want cabins on same level/area.

Il have a look at some of the sites later to get an idea of the cabin, might email some companies for a brochure and Im sure P&O will have a promo dvd I can order too.

Trouble is all this browsing about cruises means I want to go now!!! :D
Allthough pricy there are some ships with 2 bedroom cabins that avoid the single sups.

NCL jewel class AB/A3 have a master suite with a smaller kids room that sleeps 3 but ideal for a single adult it also has its own bathroom.

Problem is that you would need to do it this year NCL are pulling the jewel class(Jade,Jewel) out of the UK and the NCL Sun next year does not have the 2 room cabins.
Thanks that sounds a good option but Ive no more time off work this year after my 3 weeks off from next week. Id not heard of 2 room cabins.

Will have to be next summer (time to save up lol!)

Im somehow thinking one of the P&O fjord cruises would be fantastic!

Will see what everyone else thinks soon!
Have been reading Fred Olsen brochure and NCL - look nice but still liking the sound/look of P&O, will see if Mums interested over the weekend, I know Dads keen!
I have a work colleague who did Spain/Italy on Grand Princess a couple of months ago - got on the ship at Southampton and got free parking for 2 weeks. You could check the Princess website to see if there is anything you like the look of. Not sure if they do single cabins though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.