Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
One place I would urge you strongly NOT to visit is the Auto Safari at Sa Coma - the conditions the animals were living in will haunt me forever and I was not surprised to see that it was in Born Free's Top 10 most complained about attractions when I returned home. The chimps in the cage really distressed me and the tiger show was horrific!

We usually get the boat from Cala Bona harbour to Sa Coma and then get the land train back which the kids love and the drop off area in Cala Millor has a kiddies play park nearby so we stop off there for the kids to have an hour or so's play.

A couple of years back we did a Palma shopping trip which was okay and we stopped off at the glass factory on the way - it was the same one I'd visited as a child and nothing had changed. The kids really enjoyed that as the men are working the whole time you're there.

We haven't really done much in the way of excursions to be honest, I always remember being dragged on boat and coach trips when I wanted to stay in the pool all day. I did the Soller train which was okay (I guess), Caves of Drach (your youngest might not appreciate that tho'), Palma Cathedral (impressive), glass factory and the pearl factory near Manacor (I found that quite boring).

I think with Cala Bona you're a little bit out of the way for the main tourist attractions - water parks and what have you but our kids (10 & twins age 6) are quite happy on the beach or in the pool.

Hope that helps. When are you going? We go 27 May for 2 weeks.

Tis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.