Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
1. Inferno restaurant,beach road Candolim.
2. Ganesh Shack,Candolim.
3. Devbagh Island - so quiet,no car horns !!
i await replies with interest as ill be in baga for xmas/newyear,and although itll be our 5th time in goa,itll be our first stay in baga. :D
Very difficult to choose but...

1. J and As Arpora Rd, Baga
2. Oceanic Shack, Baga
3. Anywhere on a local bus!
after eight ~candolim (always a good meal)
cliffs shack ~ baga headland (no hassle and great food)
dudhsagar waterfalls ~ goa/karnakika boarder (long day but well worth the effort, cheeky monkeys a must)
andy
Choosing the restaurant was more difficult than the beach shack:-

Mermaid Restaurant Candolim or All spice Arpora
Gansesh Shack Candolim
Ashwen Beach
Nostalgia Restaurant (near Margao) ~ traditional Goan food
Betty's Beach Shade, Cavelossim
Agonda Beach
Boscos's shack Baga(bottom of CSM beach road and turn left) Brilliant food & v.attentive staff but not too OTT like some other shacks. Shaker is a lovely guy and nothing is too much trouble. V Cheap prices and they will see off any unwanted beach sellers. Our Kids loved the Pancakes (served direct to your sunbed!!) and the lime soda's are really refreshing (not to mention the Kingfisher at sunset!!)

Fave restaurants, has to be All Spice in Arpora, Britos in Baga (if you are missing good plain english food) O Pescador in Baga, Also East meets West was lovely for a special night (bit more expensive but worth it) to be honest we never had a bad meal in two weeks!!

(oops thats a few more than one!!) :)
Stone House in Candolim
Marin Shack Titos' road
Anywhere inland away from the coastal belt
Hello to all who use the forum, we are off to Baga in Feb and although we have been a few times ( and loved it ) its become obvious that there is so much more to discover,and the more recommendations i read the more i realise we cant do them all (not in 3 wks anyway)so i thought if i asked you to nominate the one place you would eat at if you could only choose 1, the 1 shack you would use, 1 trip you would take
I know its difficult but i will use the replys as a guide and then try to get to the ones that get the most mentions ( sorry if this causes you any headaches) because if you asked me right now i probably would be humming and harring thanks KJF

this is a hard one, theres so many wonderful places to eat and so much to do.

place to eat at : Bernards in Baga
beach shack: Squeeze, the second from the top of baga beach
trip: waterfall trip, Old Goa(especially good if your a Catholic) , or the croc/dolphin boat trip.
place to eat (gosh this is tricky) : Casa Seashell
shack : Pete's
trip : not done any so can't comment
I never tend to stick to just one place so it`s a bit tricky this one, but if I had to choose

Restaurant : shepherds pie cactus in Candolim

Shack: Sharmillas on Vagator

Trip out: Arambol

Gonna try a few more trips out this time, I can`t believe that people who have spent only two weeks in Goa have done more than I did in 3 months (lazy I know) but thats Goa 8)
restaurant : Floyds hut [great tika marsalla]
shack : James candolim beach
trip : Betty,s river cruise [South Goa]
which is Floyds Hut - can think of it but can't picture where it is
Hello K.J.F have you tried Golden Eye i was recommended it by my friend and it is excellent
hi candolimlover
floyds hut is opposite the Magnum resort
excellent food,this will be our 5th time in
candolim,and its always good . :) :)
Check out the new addition on Baga Calangute Road.

http://www.indiadekho.com/resorts-in-goa/lacalypso-goa.htm

The all you can eat buffet is only Rs.125 and has a good ambience. I like the food at Laxman's shack - however, this year the chinese food was not all that good and the lady who runs it was a bit rude.

On the Rocks (next to Mambos, Titos Lane), very good food - but way too expensive.

I wish someone could also start a topic where not to eat :)
1. Sea Shell Inn Candolim
2. Sea n Sand Shack Candolim
3. Best trip is just being in Goa itself
the restaraunt would be east meets west at the top of the baga road nice surroundings a bit special do a good steak and waiters very attentive, the best shack for me is tequila just down the tito road off the baga road it is run by francis ferns who,s brother has bosco,s they have buckets to wash your feet in also shower and clean toilet. and the best trip for me was the waterfall even though it is a long trek. also i always enjoy the spice plantation food is delicous.we are going in february also.
have to say Cactus shepherd pie in Candolim wonderful and never had a bad meal, .... Capricorn in Beach road Calangute also very good and many others but mostly we eat in local places you might not like or appreciate if you are looking for ambience whilst just on holiday!! but when you are there as long as we are you tend to 'go Goan' a lot!!
chilly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.