BA sold me a through ticket from Heathrow to St. Johns via Montreal. As the domestic connection is with Air Canada, BA did not issue a boarding card for this leg or check my luggage through. The connection time in Montreal was 1 hour. Typical immigration queues at Montreal are 30 minutes and the domestic flight closes 30 minutes before departure. So even if you are Carl Lewis, have hand luggage only and have a diplomatic passport I doubt it is possible to make these connections. I think the 1 hour minimum connection time at Montreal is for airlines within the same alliance where your bags are checked through and boarding card given for both flights at original departure point. Give yourself more time if you are changing from one airline alliance to another especially for international to domestic transfers where you have to go through immigration and customs. Don't trust BA to consider this. They want your money. If you miss your connection, BA will pay for a hotel and rebook your onward journey but otherwise will offer no compensation as they pass all responsibility to IATA who they say set minimum connecting times. You can't sue IATA as you don't have a contract with them. If anyone has had a similar experience with BA with missed connections at Montreal, please let me know. That way I hope to be able to prove that BA were negligent in that they were aware of the problem and did nothing about it. Many thanks.