General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
in the picture
10 Posts
Our old car was featured in a picture of a holiday cottage we were staying in parked in the driveway . i believe it features in the 2003 helpful holidays brochure :D :D

thats the best I can do im afraid :(
we stayed in the Appassia Apartments Tsilivi about 3 years ago,a photographer came to take photos for the Thomson brouchure. We happened to be sitting on our balcony having a little alcoholic refreshment after a hard day at the pool :wink:
Our claim to fame is being in Thomson Small and friendly brochure, dont know if it still is, will check it out when i am next near a travel agents.
I was so excited I cut out the picture and have kept it.......am I sad or what. :oops:
My kids featured in the gran canaria section on Thomas cook TV a few yrs ago , no longer get TCTV so dont know if they still do.
We found out quite by accident one day when watching and it shot to my sons very angelic face! Can remember the cameras being about but didnt appear on the tv for about a yr after we got back , it was of the First choice kids club but was in the introduction to the country footage -- bizarre!
incidently my son is currently on the Tottenham Htspur FC homepage having attended the xmas party there
I was in the Sunset brochure about 9 or 10 yrs ago when i was in Laganas,Zante, the rep asked me and my pal if we would go sit on the sunloungers at next door's pool and get our photo in the brochure, must dig it out actually i'm sure i still have it lying around somewhere.
We were photographed in 2002 for the Eurocamp brochure. We were in Normandy and they photographer was looking for a family to shoot on the site. We didn't actually appear in the 2003 brochure but they took photos of a nearby tent and our washing is in the background!
I was in a Thomsons brochure,circa 1989/90 sitting on the pool edge of the Hotel Columbus in Tenerife. Unfortunately it was a rear view, does my bum look big in this. :oops: :D :D
Exactly the same for us..we were in GC in 2006 and Thomsons took a shot of 2 people walking up a street in Puerto Mogan..yes it was a rear shot and yes..my bum looked huge :oops: In fact..it is on a brochure they have just sent out as a promotional thing to prompt people to book holidays with them.

At least seeing that prompted me to shift some weight and hopefully, my bum does not look nearly as huge now as it did in that picture..
Someone i used to work with...... has been on you've been framed... the one where a camel tips a mother and daughter off over its head on the beach......
First time we went to Florida. We went on the Tom Sawyer paddle steamer in Disney. The following year there was a pic of the boat in one of the brochures and we were there on the rail at the front!

My youngster featured in a Canvas brochure one year when he was pictured at the hoopie club with his face painted.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.