Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
I can see both your pictures. Is the one you can't see Garfield? Not sure why you can't see it but I'm sure that someone more techinically minded will be able to explain!
Just to let you know in case it helps I can't see it either.
Please note that there were some problems with Imageshack this morning.

I can see the picture:

Mark :D
Hi all. I edited my original thread and re-copied the picture and see its there now but it had disappeared overnight along with the emoticons after the Garfield picture. Thanks for replies.
''Please note that there were some problems with Imageshack this morning''.

Is this why no avatars are visible?
Last night my son designed an avatar for me and put it in my profile and I saw it was working and today it isnt visible and no others either.
Can someone explain please?
Sue
Hello again
They are all on again now.Sorry!
Sue
It looks lovely lincolnsue! Are you logged in by the way? You won't see any avatars unless you are.
LincolnSue - I can see your new avatar and have to say it's lovely!! What a clever son you have. I can feel myself lazing at the pool with a tequila sunrise when I look at your pic :lol:
Hello Fiona and joolz
Thank you for your kind comments. I am quite partial to Holiday cocktails so it is very apt. Yes I must admit he is very good at design and also patient with me with the computer.
Regards Sue
Joolz ... I'm afraid that I have just removed several images/cartoons from posts in the Summer Diets topic. Some were in your posts, perhaps including the one which you have mentioned above.

Those images were taken from other sites and clearly showed the copyright symbol, which means that they cannot be reproduced on our pages. Even if no copyright symbol is shown, material from other sites may not be reproduced without permission.

One of your images for example showed © CARTOONS4FUN.COM which links to the following message:

Copyright © 2000-2006 CARTOONS4FUN.COM, All rights reserved.
All material found on this site is copyrighted. As a result,
it is strictly forbidden to copy, edit, distribute, publish, ...
anything without permission.

David :wave
Oops sorry David, didnt realise. Do you know how I would go about getting permission to use such cartoons? Thanks
Joolz ... you would have to approach the artist or the website. They are usually very protective of their material, considering that it may have cost them a lot of money to create and display it. They may grant you permission for personal use only (possibly for a fee), such as on your own personal webspace. But such permission would most likely not allow reproduction on a public access website such as Holidaytruths.

David :wave
Everytime (except once) I try to post a cartoon/jokey type picture related to my thread it is removed because of copyright laws. I didn't see a copyright notice attached to my last cartoon picture or I wouldn't of used it, I got it from google images. I think I would be aswell refraining from trying to add some comic humour. I would be grateful if you could therefore delete the threads as without the pictures they don't make any sense (general topic, summer diet).

Many thanks and sorry for the bother!!
Hi Joolz

Your post edited by me contained an image not suitable for a family forum, funny, but not for young eyes :wink:

Pippy :D
Posts deleted as requested.
:oops: Thanks Pippy :!: (thought you had to be over 18 to use this site)
I'm sure the young 'uns will see worse on the beach :rofl .
You have to be over 18 to register/post (to protect them from undesirable attention), not to read.

I'm sure many members will have children viewing alongside them when reading the forum.

Pippy :D
the image you used before that had the site name over the front of the picture, I'm afraid.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.