America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
It's going to stay hot until Friday when it should drop back to 99F.

luci :wave
OMG Luci - is it still up at those temps, I would never have thought it would stay so hot so long into September.

If it helps, it's pretty cold in Scotland just now. There has been frost in places again....I heard someone in my town saying they had frost on their car, and we're not particularly high up, so it must be quite widespread. It was only about 7 degrees the other day even at lunchtime!! Chilly for September, so you enjoy the heat over there!!
99 degrees doesn't sound so bad! Yesterday it was 113 in LA, the record temperature in the city for ANY time of year. It was even hotter (117) in some other places. September is usually the hottest month in California so I guess I'm not too surprised. It might be the hottest month in Nevada too?
Yes it has been hitting or near record temperatures in Vegas. Was 103F the other day and not less than 100F.

Not looking forward to cold, frosty weather Lesley!

luci :wave
waiting at the airport now for flight to gatwick and it is raining outside, LA was on the cool side when we were there 2 weeks ago mexico was hot though and I have got a vegas tan
Ah well Luci, I am thinking you got in last night, it's not that cold now, just rather wet where we are. It has been chucking it down for hours at a time, really heavy rain and very noticable to us now that we have a conservatory, it makes quite a noise hitting the roof.

I think I need another trip to Vegas. It was so relaxing for us this year with everything else that we have been doing to the house, we really enjoyed the break. So far, we're probably thinking of September next year again. When we went in June it got rather hot, and also I found the 15 months round to the following September too long. I quite like one trip a year, then 2 trips elsewhere. I just can't convince hubby to go away this November, unless just for a few days. Would be nice to go to Tenerife or somewhere late November for some heat, but he's having none of it. Might look for a city break instead since we've not been one of those this year.
back home - yuk - had a great time - whole trip was just awesome, will report properly later , Vegas was busy. alot the shows this time seem to be stripper/burlesque, topless revues, did not get to see Penn & Teller, we decided to go on our last night Friday, and guess what they have rest days on thursdays and fridays - just our luck, managed to see Fat Elvis this time though :D
Welcome back Manxpolly glad to hear you had a great time :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.