Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I've done it once: flight to Kefalonia, taxi to Argostoli bus station, bus to Fiscardo and then ferry to Frikes on Ithaca. You could also get a taxi from the airport to Sami if you wanted to do it quicker.

I found this site that seems to have all the information you might need -
ithacagreece . com - see the "How to Get Here" link.

Have a great trip :wink:
Bruski
thanks I'll give it a view.
We came back about 10 days ago from a 2 centre holiday on Ithaca and Kefalonia. I'm afraid I can't help with the ferries, as we went with Ionian Island Holidays who use private boat transfers from Fiscardo to Polis Bay. They were really good but more pricey. I know some of the tour operators use a late ferry leaving at 11pm, which leaves you hanging around for a long time and not arriving at your accommodation 'til after midnight and this didn't appeal to me but for various reasons, we didn't want to plan independently this year.

I can certainly recommend Kioni as a place to stay. A pretty little harbour with half a dozen tavernas (all good) round the sea front. There are some lovely quiet coves, all the beaches are either pebble or shingle. Here are some pictures from our holiday:

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/331247/index.html
There are ferries in the afternoon to Ithaki from Sami and Fiskardo. You obviously need an early flight to Kefalonia. If not just take a room in Argostoli/Sami then a bus to the port the next day, the buses generally connect with the large ferries that end up in Patras.

My preference would be Sami as the small ferry from Fiscardo can be cancelled in rough weather, this happened to me and it was 3 days before it ran again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.