Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I think a lot of the major TOs are heading down the "pile em high and sell em cheap" path - ie trying to channel as many people as possible into as few resorts as possible to save on their costs (and so increase their profits of course). A couple of the smaller, independent companies that I've found still doing Ithaka are Ionian and Simpsons

I haven't used either, but have heard good reports about both. Neither are particularly cheap though :(

Elaine
We went last summer with Ionian Island Holidays. We had a 2 centre holiday with the first week in Kioni on Ithaca and the second in Assos on Kefalonia. Ionian were great and the accommodation lovely. They are a bit more expensive but you get what you pay for - transfers were good and they used a private motor boat to get to Ithaca, so you weren't left waiting for ferries and apart from the initial coach to Fiscardo, the rest of out transfers were by taxi. Our apartment in Assos also included car hire. They are worth checking out and often have good last minute or early booking deals.
try greek islands club, or oneira holidays - very nice small company mainly vased in kefalonia but also some holidays in ithaca
Hi there
Olympic also have very limited facilities on Ithaca if you wanted to try one of the more mainstream TO.
Kath :)
Hi
on the point of Olympic holidays a friend has had her twin centre of Ithaca and Kefalonia changed to twin centre Kefalonia only. It appears they may have pulled out of the Ithaca market unless someone else can shed light on it. :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.